Old 08-22-2012, 03:42 PM
Kevin Fenzi

Default Freeze break: update sudoers

Greetings.

I'd like to add the new 'busgateway01.stg.phx2.fedoraproject.org' to
sudoers in the WEB group (so sysadmin-web can sudo on it).

This is a pretty low impact change, but sudoers is global, so it would
update on all hosts.

Would fix ticket:

No diff since its a change in private repo, but it's just adding that
host to one line for web group.

+1s?

kevin

Old 08-22-2012, 04:15 PM
Ricky Elrod

On 08/22/2012 11:42 AM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> I'd like to add the new 'busgateway01.stg.phx2.fedoraproject.org' to
> sudoers in the WEB group (so sysadmin-web can sudo on it).

+1

Old 08-22-2012, 04:48 PM
Stephen John Smoogen

On 22 August 2012 09:42, Kevin Fenzi <kevin@scrye.com> wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> I'd like to add the new 'busgateway01.stg.phx2.fedoraproject.org' to
> sudoers in the WEB group (so sysadmin-web can sudo on it).
>
> This is a pretty low impact change, but sudoers is global, so it would
> update on all hosts.
>
> Would fix ticket:
> https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/3442
>
> No diff since its a change in private repo, but it's just adding that
> host to one line for web group.
>
> +1s?

+1 this should not break too much for too long .

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
"Don't derail a useful feature for the 99% because you're not in it."

Old 08-22-2012, 04:52 PM
Toshio Kuratomi

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 09:42:11AM -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> I'd like to add the new 'busgateway01.stg.phx2.fedoraproject.org' to
> sudoers in the WEB group (so sysadmin-web can sudo on it).
>
> This is a pretty low impact change, but sudoers is global, so it would
> update on all hosts.
>
> Would fix ticket:
> https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/3442
>
> No diff since its a change in private repo, but it's just adding that
> host to one line for web group.

+1

We talked about it in IRC a little bit -- we might want to revisit this in
a few months (maybe at the security FAD or as a discussion at FUDCon) since
it might have different security/need-to-know than the web app servers. But
there shouldn't be anything worrisome right now (we've talked separately
about what things it was appropriate for FAS to put on the bus, for
instance) so we'll give it some time and see if we should make things
finer-grained once we have some experience with it.

-Toshio