Old 08-21-2012, 03:34 AM
James Gretton

Default Meeting Agenda Item: Introduction James

Hi all,
My name is James and my IRC nick handle is jjlit. I am a system admin
in Australia, recently completed post graduate university qualifications
and am looking for a new hobby, now that ive finished uni. I have been
a long time linux user and fan, and would love to be actively involved
in the system administration of the fedora server infrastructure, no
matter what task. I have a passion for linux and down here in Australia
its hard to be involved in linux as the microsoft juggernaut is very
powerful down here. I realise it will be a while before I am allowed to
participate in active sysadmin tasks, but thats fine, im the same with
my networks. I would also like to get to a stage whereby I can
hopefully train others who are like me, looking for something to devote
their time to. Im also looking for a sponsor to help me get onboard
with the infrastructure team asap, anyone who can help out, much
appreciated in advance.

Regards,

James

Old 08-21-2012, 04:43 PM
Kevin Fenzi

On Tue, 21 Aug 2012 13:37:09 +1000
James Gretton <james@jjlit.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
> My name is James and my IRC nick handle is jjlit. I am a system
> admin in Australia, recently completed post graduate university
> qualifications and am looking for a new hobby, now that ive finished
> uni. I have been a long time linux user and fan, and would love to
> be actively involved in the system administration of the fedora
> server infrastructure, no matter what task. I have a passion for
> linux and down here in Australia its hard to be involved in linux as
> the microsoft juggernaut is very powerful down here. I realise it
> will be a while before I am allowed to participate in active sysadmin
> tasks, but thats fine, im the same with my networks. I would also
> like to get to a stage whereby I can hopefully train others who are
> like me, looking for something to devote their time to. Im also
> looking for a sponsor to help me get onboard with the infrastructure
> team asap, anyone who can help out, much appreciated in advance.

Welcome James.

If you haven't already, take a look at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/GettingStarted

Please do introduce yourself on irc and/or at our next meeting and we
will see if we can help you get started.

kevin

Old 08-24-2012, 03:18 PM
Kevin Fenzi

On Tue, 21 Aug 2012 13:34:47 +1000
James Gretton <james@jjlit.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
> My name is James and my IRC nick handle is jjlit. I am a system
> admin in Australia, recently completed post graduate university
> qualifications and am looking for a new hobby, now that ive finished
> uni. I have been a long time linux user and fan, and would love to
> be actively involved in the system administration of the fedora
> server infrastructure, no matter what task. I have a passion for
> linux and down here in Australia its hard to be involved in linux as
> the microsoft juggernaut is very powerful down here. I realise it
> will be a while before I am allowed to participate in active sysadmin
> tasks, but thats fine, im the same with my networks. I would also
> like to get to a stage whereby I can hopefully train others who are
> like me, looking for something to devote their time to. Im also
> looking for a sponsor to help me get onboard with the infrastructure
> team asap, anyone who can help out, much appreciated in advance.

Welcome!

If you have not already, do take a look at:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/GettingStarted

and introduce yourself and start asking questions on IRC.

Look forward to talking with you...

kevin