Old 08-14-2012, 11:11 AM
Frank Murphy

Default Any python Guru?

https://fedorahosted.org/freemedia/ticket/8457
crashes out.
" Trac detected an internal error:

UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'xa8' in
position 9: ordinal not in range(128)

Can this ticket be deleted without me (non-python guru)
making a dogs liathrid of it?

Frank
"Jack of all, fubars"

Old 08-14-2012, 12:28 PM
Emiliano Dalla Verde Marcozzi

2012/8/14 Frank Murphy <frankly3d@gmail.com>:
> https://fedorahosted.org/freemedia/ticket/8457
> crashes out.
> " Trac detected an internal error:
>
> UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'xa8' in position
> 9: ordinal not in range(128)
>

> Can this ticket be deleted without me (non-python guru)
> making a dogs liathrid of it?
>

> --
> Regards,
> Frank
> "Jack of all, fubars"

Hello Frank,
Well, i dont think i am a python guru, but that error means that
a 'raw string' arrives and is not handled correctly, as utf-8, for example,
let "var" have 'raw' binary 'string' data:

var.encode('utf-8') # this should work

Since you are saying that you want to work with the content from var
encoded as utf-8. The default encoder is ascii and since that 'raw string'
isnt in the ascii table, the code raise an UnicodeEncodeError.

I tryed to login into track with my fas account, but i couldnt ... maybe
a permission access issue :-), hope this helps,

--
"Code without tests is broken by design." - Jacob Kaplan-Moss
Show me the mone ... code!: https://bitbucket.org/edvm

Old 08-14-2012, 12:30 PM

Old 08-14-2012, 12:31 PM
Emiliano Dalla Verde Marcozzi

2012/8/14 Frank Murphy <frankly3d@gmail.com>:
> https://fedorahosted.org/freemedia/ticket/8457
> crashes out.
> " Trac detected an internal error:
>
> UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'xa8' in position
> 9: ordinal not in range(128)
>

> Can this ticket be deleted without me (non-python guru)
> making a dogs liathróid* of it?
>

> --
> Regards,
> Frank
> "Jack of all, fubars"

Hello Frank,
Well, i dont think i am a python guru, but that error means that
a 'raw string' arrives and is not handled correctly, as utf-8, for example,
let "var" have 'raw' binary 'string' data:

var.encode('utf-8') # this should work

Since you are saying that you want to work with the content from var
encoded as utf-8. The default encoder is ascii and since that 'raw string'
isnt in the ascii table, the code raise an UnicodeEncodeError.

I tryed to login into track with my fas account, but i couldnt ... maybe
a permission access issue :-), hope this helps,

--
“Si la primavera no llega, invéntala” - Odysseas Elytis
日本語勉強する

Old 08-14-2012, 12:42 PM
susmit shannigrahi

Hi,

The error is from a plugin, tracvatar.
trac-hack[1] is down, therefore not much can be done right now.
I have deleted the ticket. We will see if this reoccurs.
Thanks.

"Note that the following plugins seem to be involved: IniAdmin,
TracBzr, TracCustomFieldAdmin, TracGit, TracMercurial, TracTocMacro,
tracvatar Please report this issue to the plugin maintainer."

File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/trac/web/main.py", line 525, in
_dispatch_request
dispatcher.dispatch(req)
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/trac/web/main.py", line 267, in dispatch
content_type)
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/trac/web/chrome.py", line 841,
in render_template
stream |= self._filter_stream(req, method, filename, stream, data)
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/Genshi-0.6-py2.6.egg/genshi/core.py",
line 132, in __or__
return Stream(_ensure(function(self)), serializer=self.serializer)
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/trac/web/chrome.py", line 997, in inner
data)
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/tracvatar/web_ui.py", line 56,
in filter_stream
stream |= f
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/Genshi-0.6-py2.6.egg/genshi/core.py",
line 132, in __or__
return Stream(_ensure(function(self)), serializer=self.serializer)
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/tracvatar/web_ui.py", line 188,
in <lambda>
self.ticket_reporter_size)
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/tracvatar/web_ui.py", line 77,
in _generate_avatar
email_hash = author_data.get(author, None) or self._gravatar(author)
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/tracvatar/web_ui.py", line 257,
in _gravatar
return hashlib.md5(email.lower()).hexdigest()

[1] http://trac-hacks.org/newticket

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 6:31 AM, Emiliano Dalla Verde Marcozzi
<edvm@member.fsf.org> wrote:
> 2012/8/14 Frank Murphy <frankly3d@gmail.com>:
>> https://fedorahosted.org/freemedia/ticket/8457
>> crashes out.
>> " Trac detected an internal error:
>>
>> UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'xa8' in position
>> 9: ordinal not in range(128)
>>

>> Can this ticket be deleted without me (non-python guru)
>> making a dogs liathróid* of it?
>>

>> --
>> Regards,
>> Frank
>> "Jack of all, fubars"
>
> Hello Frank,
> Well, i dont think i am a python guru, but that error means that
> a 'raw string' arrives and is not handled correctly, as utf-8, for example,
> let "var" have 'raw' binary 'string' data:
>
> var.encode('utf-8') # this should work
>
> Since you are saying that you want to work with the content from var
> encoded as utf-8. The default encoder is ascii and since that 'raw string'
> isnt in the ascii table, the code raise an UnicodeEncodeError.
>
> I tryed to login into track with my fas account, but i couldnt ... maybe
> a permission access issue :-), hope this helps,
>
> --
> “Si la primavera no llega, invéntala” - Odysseas Elytis
> 日本語勉強する
> https://bitbucket.org/edvm

Susmit.

Old 08-14-2012, 12:53 PM
susmit shannigrahi

> I have deleted the ticket. We will see if this reoccurs.

Spoke too soon.

This ticket needs to be deleted using trac-admin
$ trac-admin TRAC_ENV ticket 8457

Unfortunately I am not very familiar with the database structure.
I have opened a ticket

Thanks.

Susmit.