Old 08-02-2012, 05:01 PM
"Jones, Matthew"

Default Meeting Agenda Item: Introduction Matt Jones

Hi my name is Matt, I would like to start learning more about what goes on behind the scenes and apply my current skills and gain some new ones, hopefully in web application development.* By day *I work in systems/network operations for
a FOIP company in, mainly doing new physical deployments and backend grunt work (backups, monitoring(Nagios), vulnerability scanning(NMap, Nessus), firefighting.* I have a good working knowledge of BASH, Sed/Awk, Python, C/C++, SQL, MediaWiki and some Django.*
I hope to put the little Django experience I have to more use and expand upon it.

By night I am working on a small script/package collection for Windows admins who refuse to actually use Windows or a heavyweight GUI for that matter.* My goal is a single package that will contain everything most admins need including
rdesktop, OpenConnect and various scripts for parsing common windows log files into meaningful noise. If I have to do something more than twice, I’m scripting it.

My IRC nick is urlugal and I hope to contribute to the website and the wiki as my skills improve.* For now I am ok with watching and learning unless someone has a specific project I can get my feet wet with.* I couldn’t find anything that
looked relatively simple in the Active Tickets list and didn’t want to step on toes.

Old 08-07-2012, 05:11 PM
Kevin Fenzi

On Thu, 2 Aug 2012 17:01:00 +0000
"Jones, Matthew" <MJones@Biscom.com> wrote:

> Hi my name is Matt,

Greetings.

> I would like to start learning more about what
> goes on behind the scenes and apply my current skills and gain some
> new ones, hopefully in web application development. By day I work
> in systems/network operations for a FOIP company in, mainly doing new
> physical deployments and backend grunt work (backups,
> monitoring(Nagios), vulnerability scanning(NMap, Nessus),
> firefighting. I have a good working knowledge of BASH, Sed/Awk,
> Python, C/C++, SQL, MediaWiki and some Django. I hope to put the
> little Django experience I have to more use and expand upon it. By
> night I am working on a small script/package collection for Windows
> admins who refuse to actually use Windows or a heavyweight GUI for
> that matter. My goal is a single package that will contain
> everything most admins need including rdesktop, OpenConnect and
> various scripts for parsing common windows log files into meaningful
> noise. If I have to do something more than twice, I'm scripting it.

Excellent.

> My IRC nick is urlugal and I hope to contribute to the website and
> the wiki as my skills improve. For now I am ok with watching and
> learning unless someone has a specific project I can get my feet wet
> with. I couldn't find anything that looked relatively simple in the
> Active Tickets list and didn't want to step on toes.

No worries. Do introduce yourself in irc and step in there with any
questions you might have.

Also, if you can make our meeting on thursday feel free to ask
questions there as well.

kevin