Old 07-16-2012, 10:51 PM
Luke Macken

Default Python hash seed randomization enabled in staging

I just pushed out a hotfix to enable Python hash seed randomization on
all of our mod_wsgi applications in staging. The implementation details
of the change can be found in this ticket:

I am hopeful that this won't break anything, and we'll be able to push
it to production ASAP (ideally before the alpha freeze in 3 weeks).
However, in the rare chance that we have any apps that rely on "dict
ordering", then it may cause problems.

I'll do my best to poke at our various apps in staging to ensure they
function as expected, but if you have some spare cycles and want to help
test, it would be much appreciated.

I just confirmed that it is enabled for bodhi on app01.stg, but if you
would like to verify that your application has hash seed randomization
enabled, you can simply 'import sys' and make sure
sys.flags.hash_randomization is 1.

luke

Old 07-25-2012, 11:02 PM
Luke Macken

Python hash seed randomization is now enabled across all of our mod_wsgi
apps in production.

luke