Old 07-16-2012, 10:02 PM
Kevin Fenzi

Default gitweb to cgit migration - 2012-07-30 (tenative)

Greetings.

At our last meeting we talked about the migration of gitweb to cgit for
fedorahosted.org and pkgs.fedoraproject.org.

Per that discussion we thought to put in only some basic rewrites, so
if you were going to:

http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=$PROJECTNAME.git
you would get redirected to:
http://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/$PROJECTNAME.git

I think all the other old /git/ and /gitweb/ urls we just redirect to
the top cgit level and someone can then use the handy search box to
find what they are looking for.

I would like to tenatively plan to make this switchover on 2012-07-30
(two weeks from now).

I'll also mail the devel list and ask for flames^Wfeedback from them.

kevin