Old 06-20-2012, 06:40 AM
ekoikhyar

Default Error email Alias

Dears infra team

I try to help my friend to email alias fp.o problems but I am having problems. when sending an email to the address contained an error, as below, please help him on this issue

fas information: suba@fedoraproject.org
-----

* * suba@fedoraproject.org

Technical details of permanent failure:

Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the
recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for
further information about the cause of this error. The error that the
other server returned was: 550 550 5.1.1 <suba@fedoraproject.org>... <suba@fedoraproject.org>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table (state 13).

ekoikhyar
*PGP : 4EA60FFA<http://pgp.surfnet.nl:11371/pks/lookup?op=index&search=0x4EA60FFA>

t: @FedoraIndonesia | w: http://id.fedoracommunity.org/

Old 06-20-2012, 03:18 PM
Kevin Fenzi

On Wed, 20 Jun 2012 14:40:55 +0800
ekoikhyar <ikhyar.com@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dears infra team
>
> I try to help my friend to email alias fp.o problems but I am having
> problems. when sending an email to the address contained an error, as
> below, please help him on this issue
>
> fas information: suba@fedoraproject.org
> -----
> Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:
>
> suba@fedoraproject.org
>
> Technical details of permanent failure:
> Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the
> recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider
> for further information about the cause of this error. The error that
> the other server returned was: 550 550 5.1.1
> <suba@fedoraproject.org>... < suba@fedoraproject.org>: Recipient
> address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table (state 13).

The user must be in at least one non cla* group in order to have an
active email alias.

So, once they are added to another group the alias should appear.

kevin