Old 06-19-2012, 05:53 PM
Kevin Fenzi

Default Dynamic Nagios Configuration

On Sun, 17 Jun 2012 20:05:27 +0400
Станислав Ханжин <hanzhin.stas@gmail.com> wrote:

> Kevin, the real job there is to construct good SELinux policy for
> check_mk serverside. Clients are already packaged.

Well, we prefer anything we use if at all possible to be in EPEL.

That way we know:

- The package has passed review and is mostly sane.
- There's a bug tracker so we can report bugs.
- Packages are signed and distributed in a good way.
- Other people are using the same packages so they can report/fix
problems before they happen to us.

Anyhow, check_mk does look interesting... perhaps someone would like to
drive a proposal for using it? ie, can you show us a sample config for
what we do? how it would work with puppet, etc?

kevin