Old 05-30-2012, 10:03 PM
seth vidal

Default gitweb vs cgit

We're currently using gitweb[-caching] on fedorahosted and on
fedorapeople.

A discussion today suggested maybe we should move to cgit in its lieu.

First things first:

1. cgit means we break old links to gitweb urls
2. cgit is a different pkg - maintained by other folks
3. gitweb-caching appears to be abandoned (gitweb is maintained but it
doesn't do caching) - kernel.org is using gitweb-caching

so - question - is cgit different and better enough to warrant the hurt
of moving?

is cgit more reliably maintained?

is it faster? (hell, not sure it is possible for it to be slower)

Are we overlooking other options?

-sv