-   -   Fedora Account Change (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-infrastructure/671891-fedora-account-change.html)

Leonardo Rodrigues de Mello 05-28-2012 12:24 PM

Fedora Account Change

Hi,

I do not know if this is the correct place to place this question, please feel free to redirect me to the right place.

I have one account at fedora project 'lmello' this account is assigned with my old employer email (lmello AT redhat.com), since i* no longer work at redhat i am unable to change my password and associate my account with my new email address.

Could some one change my lmello account email address from lmello AT redhat.com to l at lmello.eu.org ?* I had created a new account associated with my new email address called lmello2, feel free to remove it if necessary.

Best.
--
Leonardo Rodrigues de Mello
jabber: l@lmello.eu.org

Buddhike Kurera 05-28-2012 06:26 PM

Fedora Account Change

On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 5:54 PM, Leonardo Rodrigues de Mello
<l@lmello.eu.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I do not know if this is the correct place to place this question, please
> feel free to redirect me to the right place.

Hello

Of course you are on the right place.
However if you can remember the password you can login and change the
email address, but if you dont remember the password that would be a
problem, I suppose.

You will get a solution on this soon. Hold-on !!

Buddhike Chandradeepa Kurera(bckurera)
Fedora Ambassador - APAC region
Event*Liaison*- Design Team

Email:*bckurera@fedoraproject.org*|*IRC: bckurera

Kevin Fenzi 05-28-2012 07:40 PM

Fedora Account Change

On Mon, 28 May 2012 09:24:02 -0300

Sure, here or 'accounts@fedoraproject.org'.

> I have one account at fedora project 'lmello' this account is
> assigned with my old employer email (lmello AT redhat.com), since i
> no longer work at redhat i am unable to change my password and
> associate my account with my new email address.

Do you have a gpg key associated with the account?
It seems not. ;(

> Could some one change my lmello account email address from lmello AT
> redhat.com to l at lmello.eu.org ? I had created a new account
> associated with my new email address called lmello2, feel free to
> remove it if necessary.

I'm afraid we can't do that. I'd suggest just creating a new account as
you have and just rejoin the groups you were in.

We don't really have any way to tell you are who registered the account
sadly.

Sorry,

kevin

Michael Scherer 05-28-2012 08:25 PM

Fedora Account Change

Le lundi 28 mai 2012 à 13:40 -0600, Kevin Fenzi a écrit :
> On Mon, 28 May 2012 09:24:02 -0300
> Leonardo Rodrigues de Mello <l@lmello.eu.org> wrote:

> > Could some one change my lmello account email address from lmello AT
> > redhat.com to l at lmello.eu.org ? I had created a new account
> > associated with my new email address called lmello2, feel free to
> > remove it if necessary.
>
> I'm afraid we can't do that. I'd suggest just creating a new account as
> you have and just rejoin the groups you were in.
>
> We don't really have any way to tell you are who registered the account
> sadly.

What happen if the email was redirected to a manager ?
If someone from HR for the previous company can confirm the identity,
would it be sufficient ?

--
Michael Scherer

Larry Brower 05-28-2012 10:17 PM

Fedora Account Change

Tristan Santore 05-28-2012 10:20 PM

Fedora Account Change

On 28/05/12 23:17, Larry Brower wrote:
> On 05/28/2012 03:25 PM, Michael Scherer wrote:
>

>> What happen if the email was redirected to a manager ?
>> If someone from HR for the previous company can confirm the identity,
>> would it be sufficient ?
>

> The problem with that could be, how do they verify the person without
> meeting them in person?

He worked for Red Hat, not some weird and wonderful company that is
"that" external.

Leonardo,

how about if you contact your supervisor/manager/HR person who knows you
? The they could email Kevin the change of email addy ?

Just an idea. If you get two people from Red Hat to verify, I do not see
how that would be a problem.

Regards,

Tristan

infrastructure mailing list
infrastructure@lists.fedoraproject.org

Tristan Santore BSc MBCS
TS4523-RIPE
Network and Infrastructure Operations
InterNexusConnect
Mobile +44-78-55069812
Tristan.Santore@internexusconnect.net

Former Thawte Notary
(Please note: Thawte has closed its WoT programme down,
and I am therefore no longer able to accredit trust)

TSantore@fedoraproject.org

Chris Dix 05-28-2012 10:24 PM

Fedora Account Change

If they don't remember their password to log into their account and their email address is no longer valid, they should do what the rest of us do and create another account.

Chris

On May 28, 2012 6:17 PM, "Larry Brower" <larry@maxqe.com> wrote:

On 05/28/2012 03:25 PM, Michael Scherer wrote:

> What happen if the email was redirected to a manager ?

> If someone from HR for the previous company can confirm the identity,

> would it be sufficient ?

The problem with that could be, how do they verify the person without

meeting them in person?

- --

Larry Brower, CCNA

Fedora Ambassador - North America

Fedora Quality Assurance

lbrower@fedoraproject.org

http://www.fedoraproject.org/

Larry Brower 05-28-2012 10:26 PM

Fedora Account Change

David Nalley 05-28-2012 10:32 PM

Fedora Account Change

On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 6:26 PM, Larry Brower <larry@maxqe.com> wrote:

> On 05/28/2012 05:24 PM, Chris Dix wrote:
>> If they don't remember their password to log into their account and
>> their email address is no longer valid, they should do what the rest of
>> us do and create another account.
>>
>> Chris
>>

> I would agree that this is the best option. Perhaps we should research
> adding a "password / login recovery " feature.

There is such a feature already. It does require access to email though.

If he has contacts that still control access to the email - surely he
could use the 'forgotten password' functionality and have individuals
in control of said email forward it along.

--David

Larry Brower 05-28-2012 10:45 PM

Fedora Account Change