Old 11-27-2007, 08:21 PM
Toshio Kuratomi

Default Updated hostedreposync proposal

Since opening up creation of hosted sites by people other than Jesse
we've had to straighten out a few steps here and there that the people
we want to manage the site have not been able to perform on their own.
One of those is the script that rsyncs the source repositories from
cvs-int to lockbox (where it is stored on the netapp.) This script,
hostedreposync, needs to be updated with the names of the new hosted
repositories in order to sync them.

I'm attaching a new hostedreposync that would rsync the whole
$SCM/hosted tree from cvs-int to the netapp instead of cherry picking
the individual repositories. This allows us to stop editing the
hostedreposync script every time a new hosted repository is added but it
does have some differences with the current script:

1) More repositories are pulled over. I count 39 repositories that are
present in the hosted trees on cvs-int that aren't listed in the current
hostedreposync script that will now be pulled over.

2) Old repositories will be deleted from the netapp. These repositories
are present on the netapp but not on cvs-int and would be erased with
the new script:

pungi.bak (there is a pungi repo)
mock (probably replaced by mock.git)
func (probably replaced by func.git)
surfr

Comments?

-Toshio
#!/bin/bash

HGRSYNC="cvs-int.fedora.redhat.com/hgrepos/hosted"

GITRSYNC="cvs-int.fedora.redhat.com/gitrepos/hosted"

SVNRSYNC="cvs-int.fedora.redhat.com/svnrepos/hosted"

BZRRSYNC='cvs-int.fedora.redhat.com/bzrrepos/hosted'

# One off -- should be merged on the new hosted boxes
GITRELENG="../fedora/releng"

# Sync the hg repos
rsync -aH --delete --delete-after rsync://${HGRSYNC}/ /netapp/app/scm/hg

# Sync the git repos
rsync -aH --delete --delete-after rsync://${GITRSYNC}/ /netapp/app/scm/git

# Sync the svn repos
rsync -aH --delete --delete-after rsync://${SVNRSYNC}/ /netapp/app/scm/svn

# Sync bzr repos
rsync -aH --delete --delete-after rsync://${BZRRSYNC}/ /netapp/app/scm/bzr

rsync -aH --delete --delete-after rsync://${GITRSYNC}/${GITRELENG} /netapp/app/scm/git

Old 11-27-2007, 09:45 PM
Jeremy Katz

On Tue, 2007-11-27 at 13:21 -0800, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> Comments?

+alot

Jeremy

Old 11-27-2007, 10:09 PM
"Paulo Santos"

+1 from me also, but i still have an issue/doubt.

One of the steps while creating a new hosted project, is the repo
creation, in cvs-int to which I (and dont know about Ricky) still
can't do. And without it there isn't much i can help with. If i'm not
mistaken, after the CVS box is rebuilt this problem will be taken care
of correct ?

Paulo

Old 11-27-2007, 10:23 PM
Toshio Kuratomi

Paulo Santos wrote:

+1 from me also, but i still have an issue/doubt.

One of the steps while creating a new hosted project, is the repo
creation, in cvs-int to which I (and dont know about Ricky) still
can't do. And without it there isn't much i can help with. If i'm not
mistaken, after the CVS box is rebuilt this problem will be taken care
of correct ?

We should be able to create a new group to shepherd hosted at that time,
yes. Currently, with hosted and the packaging repository on the same
server we have to regulate access to it more tightly.

Ricky happened to be on IRC at the right time so he got the ability to
log into cvs-int and filesystem acls were setup to allow him to access
the hosted repos but not the package repo. Since the new hosted box is
imminent I'd like to wait for that and set you up via a sysadmin-hosted
FAS group that gives you the needed permissions but if something delays
it we'll need to do the same thing for you.

-Toshio

Old 11-28-2007, 12:34 AM
Toshio Kuratomi

hostedreposync updated. Let me know if there's problems with hosted
repositories not showing up in the trac browser.

-Toshio

Old 11-28-2007, 01:56 AM
Mike McGrath

Toshio Kuratomi wrote:

Paulo Santos wrote:

[...]

Yep, once hosted moves onto its own infrastructure there will be a
separate hosted group and you two will certainly be in it (If you want to

-Mike