-   -   Hello, I'm new here. (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-infrastructure/658297-hello-im-new-here.html)

Buddhike Kurera 04-21-2012 01:34 PM

Hello, I'm new here.

2012/4/21 Dom├*cio Medeiros <domicio.medeiros@gmail.com>:
> Hello, people. I hope you are ok.
>
> These are my skills:
>
> - Java Programming (Desktop / Web) - Intermediary
> ´â▒- C Programming - Intermediary
> ´â▒- C++ Programming - Intermediary
> ´â▒- C# Programming (Beginner)
> - Shell Script
> - SQL
> ´â▒- Linux
> - Flex
> ´â▒- Computer Networks
> - Software Engineering
>
> and I want to learn:
>
> - Python
>
> and I want to learn more C, C++, Linux Development and what will come. =)

Hello Dom├*cio,

Welcome to the Fedora project, I am sure we have a nice environment
which support your goal. Of course you can learn while contributing
towards the project.

However I am afraid that this is not the best place for you. Please refer to
the following section.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Join#OS_Developer

And further there are SIG(Special Interest Groups) you can find them

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs

Thanks again for your interest and if you want more help please do ask.

Buddhike Chandradeepa Kurera(bckurera)
Fedora Ambassador - APAC region
Event┬*Liaison┬*- Design Team

Email:┬*bckurera@fedoraproject.org┬*|┬*IRC: bckurera

Dom├şcio Medeiros 04-21-2012 02:30 PM

Hello, I'm new here.

Why isn't it my place? I want to learn things related to Desktop
Development, drivers.. I don't know. I studied a lot of Web
Development, but I don't like it.

Kevin Fenzi 04-21-2012 06:07 PM

Hello, I'm new here.

On Sat, 21 Apr 2012 11:30:07 -0300
DomÝcio Medeiros <domicio.medeiros@gmail.com> wrote:

> Why isn't it my place? I want to learn things related to Desktop
> Development, drivers.. I don't know. I studied a lot of Web
> Development, but I don't like it.

Greetings.

Well, Fedora Infrastructure is setup in two broad groups:

system administration - the folks that manage, fix, deploy machines
that run the Fedora project day to day.

application development - the folks that develop/manage our in house
applications, almost all of which are web based: bodhi (updates
manager), koji (build server), pkgdb (package database), etc.

So, it sounds like you more want to work on the developed Fedora OS
that we support producing? If so, that code is mostly worked on in each
upstream community (ie, the Gnome desktop is produced from folks at
gnome.org, etc). In Fedora we have package maintainers organized into
Special Interest Groups around packging and distributing those things
in Fedora. For example: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Desktop

So, if you are interested in helping out with our in house application
development, great! I can try and point you the right way.

If you want less web application, more c/c++ coding, you might look
into some of the other sigs, or look at contributing to projects
upstream before they are built in Fedora.

Hope that helps,

kevin