Old 04-16-2012, 06:06 PM
Toshio Kuratomi

Default Update to Infrastructure, help catch problems before beta

* Note: For FESCo and QA, this is just an FYI

Fedora Infrastructure uses the puppet configuration management software to
push configuration files out to all of its machines. A new release of puppet
has been created and pushed out to the EPEL repositories today. This release
includes several security fixes [1]_ that we have decided are very important for
us to apply. Due to that, we are going to be updating puppet on all of our
machines.

We're sending this message out to alert you to the potential for disruptions
from this, including disruptions that could slip the Fedora Beta release. We
do not anticipate such problems because the actual changes to the puppet code
should be rather small. We're not even anticipating any interruption of
services. However, this update is going out to all of our machines so we want
people to be aware that problems could occur and if they experience any
problems in the critical path to releasing the Beta on time to report them to
us ASAP [2]_.

.. [1]_: http://projects.puppetlabs.com/projects/puppet/wiki/Release_Notes#2.6.15

.. [2]_: Contact us in #fedora-admin on irc.freenode.net, via our ticketing
system at https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure , or our mailing
list: infrastructure@lists.fedoraproject.org

Thank you,
Your friendly neighborhood infrastructure team