Old 04-02-2012, 11:35 PM
Stephen John Smoogen

Default account reset

On 2 April 2012 16:59, Kévin Raymond <shaiton@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 11:35 PM, Przemek Klosowski
> <przemek.klosowski@nist.gov> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I hope you can help me or direct me to someone who can. I was trying to
>> reset my password via
>>
>> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/login?_csrf_token=6f9a34dc30e9fb4c6f2d4fe5a991b0ea bacde569
>>
>> using the username przemekklosowski. This got me to this page
>>
>> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/user/resetpass?_csrf_token=ae9ef32797540ebf1950de14f34c 840fa7ad81ae
>>
>> claiming
>>
>> * Your old password has expired. Please reset your password below.
>>
>> but no matter what I put in for account name and email it responds with
>>
>> * Username email combo does not exist!
>>
>> Knowing myself, I could have used one of those emails:
>>
>> przemek@nist.gov
>> przemek.klosowski@nist.gov
>> przemek.klosowski@gmail.com
>> przemek.klosowski+fas@gmail.com
> [snip]
>> przemek.klosowski+fedora@gmail.com
>
> Hi Przemek,
>
> I can see that you've registered at last email above.
> This could be the issue. I've CCed the infra team which is responsible
> for the Fedora Account System.
>
> @infra team, could the "+fedoraproject" be the issue?*I know that this
> could be useful to get filters from gmail…

I think the problem was he was trying to get to +fedora and not
+fedoraproject. I believe once he put in the full email it would work.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
recommend pleasant. You may quote me." *—James Stewart as Elwood P. Dowd

Old 04-03-2012, 08:18 AM
Kévin Raymond

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 1:35 AM, Stephen John Smoogen <smooge@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2 April 2012 16:59, Kévin Raymond <shaiton@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>> On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 11:35 PM, Przemek Klosowski
>> <przemek.klosowski@nist.gov> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I hope you can help me or direct me to someone who can. I was trying to
>>> reset my password via
>>>
>>> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/login?_csrf_token=6f9a34dc30e9fb4c6f2d4fe5a991b0ea bacde569
>>>
>>> using the username przemekklosowski. This got me to this page
>>>
>>> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/user/resetpass?_csrf_token=ae9ef32797540ebf1950de14f34c 840fa7ad81ae
>>>
>>> claiming
>>>
>>> * Your old password has expired. Please reset your password below.
>>>
>>> but no matter what I put in for account name and email it responds with
>>>
>>> * Username email combo does not exist!
>>>
>>> Knowing myself, I could have used one of those emails:
>>>
>>> przemek@nist.gov
>>> przemek.klosowski@nist.gov
>>> przemek.klosowski@gmail.com
>>> przemek.klosowski+fas@gmail.com
>> [snip]
>>> przemek.klosowski+fedora@gmail.com
>>
>> Hi Przemek,
>>
>> I can see that you've registered at last email above.
>> This could be the issue. I've CCed the infra team which is responsible
>> for the Fedora Account System.
>>
>> @infra team, could the "+fedoraproject" be the issue?*I know that this
>> could be useful to get filters from gmail…
>
> I think the problem was he was trying to get to +fedora and not
> +fedoraproject. I believe once he put in the full email it would work.

Oops, you're right, I haven't noticed that he tried +fedora and not
+fedoraproject… I shall sleep before writing here…

--
Kévin Raymond
(shaiton)