Old 03-26-2012, 09:49 PM
Robyn Bergeron

Default Messaging SIG - IRC Meetings on Tuesdays

On 03/26/2012 12:30 PM, RJ Bean wrote:

Just an announcement - the Messaging SIG is starting regular IRC meetings on
Tuesdays at 16:00 UTC.

Wiki page for the SIG:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Messaging_SIG

My work on a proposal and a python library:
https://github.com/ralphbean/fedmsg/blob/develop/doc/proposal.rst

Awesome. Thanks for the heads-up!

Old 03-28-2012, 05:58 AM
Brennan Ashton

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 5:49 PM, Robyn Bergeron <rbergero@redhat.com> wrote:
> On 03/26/2012 12:30 PM, RJ Bean wrote:
>>
>> Just an announcement - the Messaging SIG is starting regular IRC meetings
>> on
>> Tuesdays at 16:00 UTC.
>>
>> Wiki page for the SIG:
>> *http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Messaging_SIG
>>
>> My work on a proposal and a python library:
>> *https://github.com/ralphbean/fedmsg/blob/develop/doc/proposal.rst
>
> Awesome. Thanks for the heads-up!

I was involved in some of the initial fedora AMQP efforts a few years
back. I wrote a simple Koji/gnome plugin as well as a bugzilla
statistics gathering app for bugzappers. I got busy and did not have
the time to bring these to production stability. Right now I am out of
the US for a little over a month, and will not be able to be on IRC
much, but I will be finding a fair bit of time on my hands this
summer, and I would really like to see AMQP or similar be part of the
fedora infrastructure.

--Brennan Ashton

Old 03-28-2012, 10:15 PM
RJ Bean

Excerpts from Brennan Ashton's message of Wed Mar 28 01:58:53 -0400 2012:
> I was involved in some of the initial fedora AMQP efforts a few years
> back. I wrote a simple Koji/gnome plugin as well as a bugzilla
> statistics gathering app for bugzappers. I got busy and did not have
> the time to bring these to production stability. Right now I am out of
> the US for a little over a month, and will not be able to be on IRC
> much, but I will be finding a fair bit of time on my hands this
> summer, and I would really like to see AMQP or similar be part of the
> fedora infrastructure.
>
> --Brennan Ashton

Great to hear from you, Brennan. We'll be working on this for a while and it
would be awesome to have your help.