Old 03-26-2012, 02:51 PM
Kevin Fenzi

Default Freeze break request: Disable puppet on compose-x86-01

Greetings.

I'd like to disable the puppet cron job on compose-x86-01.
This machine is our Fedora 17/rawhide compose machine. Sadly, puppet is
currently broken in f17/rawhide due to the ruby 1.9.3 upgrade there.

So, currently, we just get 2 emails an hour saying it failed to work.

I'd like to disable this until such a time as we have again a working
puppet client in f17/rawhide to test out.

This shouldn't affect anything on the machine as it's not been able to
run in a long time anyhow.

kevin

Old 03-26-2012, 02:55 PM
seth vidal

On Mon, 26 Mar 2012 08:51:50 -0600
Kevin Fenzi <kevin@scrye.com> wrote:

> Greetings.
>
> I'd like to disable the puppet cron job on compose-x86-01.
> This machine is our Fedora 17/rawhide compose machine. Sadly, puppet
> is currently broken in f17/rawhide due to the ruby 1.9.3 upgrade
> there.
>
> So, currently, we just get 2 emails an hour saying it failed to work.
>
> I'd like to disable this until such a time as we have again a working
> puppet client in f17/rawhide to test out.
>
> This shouldn't affect anything on the machine as it's not been able to
> run in a long time anyhow.
>
> kevin

+1

-sv

Old 03-26-2012, 05:40 PM
Toshio Kuratomi

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 10:55:45AM -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Mar 2012 08:51:50 -0600
> Kevin Fenzi <kevin@scrye.com> wrote:
>
> > Greetings.
> >
> > I'd like to disable the puppet cron job on compose-x86-01.
> > This machine is our Fedora 17/rawhide compose machine. Sadly, puppet
> > is currently broken in f17/rawhide due to the ruby 1.9.3 upgrade
> > there.
> >
> > So, currently, we just get 2 emails an hour saying it failed to work.
> >
> > I'd like to disable this until such a time as we have again a working
> > puppet client in f17/rawhide to test out.
> >
> > This shouldn't affect anything on the machine as it's not been able to
> > run in a long time anyhow.
> >
> > kevin
>

> +1

+1