-   -   setting up new user account - Fedora (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-infrastructure/648100-setting-up-new-user-account-fedora.html)

Buddhike Kurera 03-23-2012 03:41 PM

setting up new user account - Fedora

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 3:03 PM, Waldemar Antonik
<waldemar.antonik@yahoo.ie> wrote:
> hi,
> I wanted to set up my user account on the below website:
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts
>
> I have alredy tried couple of times using my email and login ( 'breadfan' or
> breadfan1979' ) and nothing! I havent got any email confirmation and my
> password which I could then reset.
>
> it looks like the functionality of this page isnt up to the right standards.
>
> it's really dissapointing when one wants to translate docs for Fedora and is
> not able to even sign up!! I dont see there even the right point of contact
> in case of any issues. i saw your mail written with vy vy small letters, so
> I am hoping you could help here somehow...?
>
> many thanks in advance
> Waldi

Dear Waldi,

Please do not disappointed, one of members from the web site team will
help you soon.
For more attention I m ccing this mail to infrastructure team as well.

THanks for your interest and support and please wait for assistant.

Buddhike Chandradeepa Kurera(bckurera)
Fedora Ambassador - APAC region
Event*Liaison*- Design Team

Email:*bckurera@fedoraproject.org*|*IRC: bckurera

Waldemar Antonik 03-23-2012 04:00 PM

setting up new user account - Fedora

many thanks Buddhike,I appreciate your quick reply on this.I'll wait then for my login name : 'breadfan' being activated and initial password being sent to me, so that i could set up my account at Fedora for future tranlations.*thanks! have a good weekend!*Waldi

Kevin Fenzi 03-23-2012 05:33 PM

setting up new user account - Fedora

On Fri, 23 Mar 2012 17:00:14 +0000 (GMT)
Waldemar Antonik <waldemar.antonik@yahoo.ie> wrote:

> many thanks Buddhike,
> I appreciate your quick reply on this.
> I'll wait then for my login name : 'breadfan' being activated and
> initial password being sent to me, so that i could set up my account
> at Fedora for future tranlations. thanks! have a good weekend!*

Hey Waldemar.

The problem here is sadly yahoo. ;(

They quite often block the entire fedoraproject.org domain due to some
random spam report, so we can't get any emails through to yahoo users.
We have talked to them many times and they refuse to do anything to
help us. ;(

See: http://mmcgrath.livejournal.com/37248.html

Is there any way you could use a gmail or hotmail or other free
account? If not, please just try again in a day or so and hopefully
whatever block they have on us will have expired. ;(

Sorry for the bad news..

> Waldi

kevin

Waldemar Antonik 03-25-2012 01:16 PM

setting up new user account - Fedora

hi guys,i got 3 different emails from you so I will reply to all of you at once.
1. Kavein Fenzi,thank you for your quick reply. I understand now the problem. I'm glad that it's not FedoraProject website by yahoo - these corporations....:) I appology then.ok, I am going to use my gmail account: waldemar.antonik@gmail.com
what I need you guys to do now is to delete my login i.e. 'breadfan' so that i could login as breadfan but with the new gmail account. for now I cannot do so with gmail account, as login 'breafan' already exist but with yahoo account, as we know.
I think that Karsten
might be of some help here. Karsten I copied your email at the vy bottom so that you could follow the issue. i presume you are rather busy there so I dont want to send anonymous emails out of nowhere:)
Could some of you then confirm once my login is deleted or my mail is replaced (to gmail).I could then finalize the login process and start finally doing sth for Fedora enthusiast.
thanks a lot for all your support on this.greetings from Dublin/wheather here is fabulous...take care*Waldi
On Fri, 23 Mar 2012 17:00:14 +0000 (GMT)
Waldemar Antonik <waldemar.antonik@yahoo.ie> wrote:

> many thanks Buddhike,
> I appreciate your quick reply on this.
> I'll wait then for my login name : 'breadfan' being activated and
> initial password being sent to me, so that i
could set up my account
> at Fedora for future tranlations. thanks! have a good weekend!*

Hey Waldemar.

The problem here is sadly yahoo. ;(

They quite often block the entire fedoraproject.org domain due to some
random spam report, so we can't get any emails through to yahoo users.
We have talked to them many times and they refuse to do anything to
help us. ;(

See: http://mmcgrath.livejournal.com/37248.html

Is there any way you could use a gmail or hotmail or other free
account? If not, please just try again in a day or so and hopefully
whatever block they have on us will have expired. ;(

Sorry for the bad news..

> Waldi

kevin
--

> ________________________________
>* From: Buddhike Kurera <bckurera@fedoraproject.org>
> To: Waldemar Antonik <waldemar.antonik@yahoo.ie>
> Cc: "webmaster@fedoraproject.org" <webmaster@fedoraproject.org>;
> Infrastructure Fedora Project
> <infrastructure@lists.fedoraproject.org> Sent: Friday, 23 March 2012,
> 16:41:07 Subject: Re: setting up new user account - Fedora
> On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 3:03 PM, Waldemar Antonik
> <waldemar.antonik@yahoo.ie> wrote:
> > hi,
> > I wanted to set up my user account on the below website:
> > https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts
> >
> > I have alredy tried couple of times using my email and login
> > ( 'breadfan' or breadfan1979' ) and nothing! I havent got any email
> > confirmation and my password which I could then reset.
> >
> > it looks like the functionality of this page isnt up to the right
> > standards.
> >
> > it's really dissapointing when one wants to translate docs for
> > Fedora and is not able to even sign up!! I dont see there even the
> > right point of contact in case of any issues. i saw your mail
> > written with vy vy small letters, so I am hoping you could
help
> > here somehow...?
> >
> > many thanks in advance
> > Waldi
> >
> Dear Waldi,
>
> Please do not disappointed, one of members from the web site team will
> help you soon.
> For more attention I m ccing this mail to infrastructure team as well.
>
> THanks for your interest and support and please wait for assistant.
> //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Reply to: Reply to Karsten 'quaid' Wade Send

Kevin Fenzi 03-26-2012 02:15 PM

setting up new user account - Fedora

On Sun, 25 Mar 2012 14:16:24 +0100 (BST)
Waldemar Antonik <waldemar.antonik@yahoo.ie> wrote:

> hi guys,
> i got 3 different emails from you so I will reply to all of you at
> once.

ok. No need to reply to everyone after this... I'll work with you to
get this fixed. ;)

Can you:

a) Try the password reset again? Often the yahoo problems come and go
and you might get the reset email this time. If you do, login and
change your email from the interface as well as your password.

b) If you don't get anything by tonight, please mail me directly and I
will see if I can change your email in the account system. This will
allow you to then request a reset and it should go to the new email.

Thanks,

kevin