Old 04-03-2008, 11:48 AM
Matt Domsch

Default service accounts for bz and FAS

Per http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MattDomsch/FTBFS, I created an
account in bugzilla, ftbfs@fp.o, which I will use for filing automated
bug reports. In aliases.template.erb I'm routing it's mail to
/dev/null. :-)

However, it dawns on me that someone _could_ come along and try to
create a username of "ftbfs" in FAS, which is undesirable.

Should I create a new account in FAS too, to "claim" it?

This account in bugzilla also needs to be in the bugzilla "editbugs"
group, in order to properly file bugs (you can't set bug_state,
blocked, or dependson fields via xmlrpc without being in editbugs).
I've asked dkl to grant editbugs to this account, but if I created the
account in FAS that would be another way to get that set. Except for
the whole "signing of the CLA" for what isn't a real person's account,
it's a "service" account. Which strikes me as odd.

Advice on the best way to handle this, and future similar account
needs?

Thanks,
Matt

--