FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Infrastructure

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 09-16-2011, 08:57 PM
Jonathan Nalley
 
Default Meeting Agenda Item: Introduction Jonathan Nalley

Hello all, my IRC handle is ke4zvu3, i'm in the Eastern time zone, and
I also have a wiki page[1] setup.

My skill set, most of which I have or still get to work with at
$dayjob, would include but not be limited to (in no particular order)
VMware (i.e. vSphere, Lab Manager, vCloud Director), PHP, NetApp SANs,
various Apache implementations, Ci$co load balancers, various LDAP
implementations, various radius servers, tacacs, RHEL, satellite &
kickstart, mediawiki, JBoss, squid, a modicum of perl and bash
scripting, BIND, mysql (booo), PostgreSQL, Nagios, SVN, postfix,
sendmail, and mailman. I currently serve as a Systems Engineer role
where I end up doing alot of R&D, PoC, and some documentation work. At
various times in my $dayjob and overall career I've also toggled
between serving in a sysadmin role of production and non-production
systems. Infra seems to make prolific use of Puppet which is very
exciting to see personally. I've helped implement/use Puppet on a
contract job and in the end learned enough to know that there's so
much more I have to learn.

I'll actually be working more with KVM at $dayjob in the upcoming days
and weeks which I'm pretty stoked about.

Among other things, I look forward to learning more about the
distributed nature of the infrastructure used at Fedora and to hear,
see, and learn how awesomely you guys are using Puppet. For now I've
currently blocked off about 5 - 7.5 hours per workweek to dedicate to
Infra work.

I've been hanging out in #fedora-admin and #fedora-noc off and on for
several months now and plan to keep doing so on a more steady basis.
I've also been in the marketing group for I think a couple releases or
more now. I'm not 100% sure if I'm limited to choosing just one FIG to
start off with[2], but based on the limited amount of info I know
about each FIG, their relationships, lines of separation, division of
labor, and what’s required to work on the tickets I referenced below,
I would say maybe some or all of these:

sysadmin-web
sysadmin-hosted
sysadmin-tools

If I do need to narrow down my FIG selection, I may need to seek out
info from the FIG leaders or others in Infra that can give guidance
beyond what's described about them on the wiki[3].

>From looking at the trac list of active tickets[4], the following ones
seemed like easy low hanging fruit that I would be interested in and
capable of diving into and hopefully taking care of, pending
conversations with the respective current ticket assignees:

https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/1968
https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/504
https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/2816
https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/1658

---
[1]: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Jnalley
[2]: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/GettingStarted#What_do_I_do_next.3F
[3]: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/FIGs
[4]: https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/report/1
_______________________________________________
infrastructure mailing list
infrastructure@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/infrastructure
 
Old 09-19-2011, 04:43 PM
Kevin Fenzi
 
Default Meeting Agenda Item: Introduction Jonathan Nalley

On Fri, 16 Sep 2011 16:57:05 -0400
Jonathan Nalley <jnalley@jnalley.com> wrote:

> Hello all, my IRC handle is ke4zvu3, i'm in the Eastern time zone, and
> I also have a wiki page[1] setup.

Welcome!

...snip...

> sysadmin-web
> sysadmin-hosted
> sysadmin-tools
>
> If I do need to narrow down my FIG selection, I may need to seek out
> info from the FIG leaders or others in Infra that can give guidance
> beyond what's described about them on the wiki[3].

sure, ask away on IRC is probibly the best bet.

> From looking at the trac list of active tickets[4], the following ones
> seemed like easy low hanging fruit that I would be interested in and
> capable of diving into and hopefully taking care of, pending
> conversations with the respective current ticket assignees:
>
> https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/1968

Likely a fas coding issue.

> https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/504

This likely might be best to wait until we upgrade to new trac (our
current version is very old)

> https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/2816

Check with pingou the status on this one...

> https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/1658

Would require sysadmin-hosted I think... but if you are willing to
document the process better and then run thru it, I can get you setup.

Welcome again.

kevin
_______________________________________________
infrastructure mailing list
infrastructure@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/infrastructure
 
Old 09-19-2011, 05:02 PM
Pierre-Yves Chibon
 
Default Meeting Agenda Item: Introduction Jonathan Nalley

On Mon, 2011-09-19 at 10:43 -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> > https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/2816
>
> Check with pingou the status on this one...

hm I actually don't think I have sent the second email batch.
Could we update the output from planet ? I'll get on it tomorrow.

Pierre


_______________________________________________
infrastructure mailing list
infrastructure@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/infrastructure
 
Old 09-20-2011, 03:47 PM
Kevin Fenzi
 
Default Meeting Agenda Item: Introduction Jonathan Nalley

On Mon, 19 Sep 2011 19:02:50 +0200
Pierre-Yves Chibon <pingou@pingoured.fr> wrote:

> On Mon, 2011-09-19 at 10:43 -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> > > https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/2816
> >
> > Check with pingou the status on this one...
>
> hm I actually don't think I have sent the second email batch.
> Could we update the output from planet ? I'll get on it tomorrow.
>
> Pierre

I've updated the ticket.

kevin
_______________________________________________
infrastructure mailing list
infrastructure@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/infrastructure
 
Old 09-20-2011, 04:00 PM
Pierre-Yves Chibon
 
Default Meeting Agenda Item: Introduction Jonathan Nalley

On Tue, 2011-09-20 at 09:47 -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Sep 2011 19:02:50 +0200
> Pierre-Yves Chibon <pingou@pingoured.fr> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 2011-09-19 at 10:43 -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> > > > https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/2816
> > >
> > > Check with pingou the status on this one...
> >
> > hm I actually don't think I have sent the second email batch.
> > Could we update the output from planet ? I'll get on it tomorrow.
>
> I've updated the ticket.

New round done.

I added a remark on the tickets regarding the fact that a number of
blogs listed in the planet.ini have no fasname attached. It might be an
idea to ask them to put one there.

Pierre
_______________________________________________
infrastructure mailing list
infrastructure@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/infrastructure
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 04:51 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org