Old 09-12-2011, 08:43 PM
seth vidal

Default todo: ask everyone what their todo is for the week

On Mon, 2011-09-12 at 14:33 -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> I thought I would try a little something out this week.
> For folks working in infrastructure, what are you working on this week?
>
> Note that I am not looking for some detailed todo list, just after
> having fought your monday and read your emails and looked at tickets
> and bugs and requests, what kind of things are you going to try and
> work on this week? On friday, if you looked and finished X, you would
> feel happy about the week. whats X?

- createrepo release into f15/f16/etc
- write up the cloud plan doc for fedora infra
- move postfix main.cf from using puppet templates to using config files
with $hostname/$profilename formats
- work on changes to epylog to handle 'no logs seen from this host'
module
- tinker with idea of an epylog release
- audit various systems to look for any scariness following the
kernel.org and linux.com unfun.
- work on refining our logins_module log gathering to include where the
user logged in FROM
- whatever comes up

-sv

Old 09-13-2011, 02:43 AM
Dennis Gilmore

On Monday, September 12, 2011 03:33:52 PM Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> I thought I would try a little something out this week.
> For folks working in infrastructure, what are you working on this week?
>
> Note that I am not looking for some detailed todo list, just after
> having fought your monday and read your emails and looked at tickets
> and bugs and requests, what kind of things are you going to try and
> work on this week? On friday, if you looked and finished X, you would
> feel happy about the week. whats X?

my todo list for the week is to work on a runroot plugin for koji, this will
hopefully allow us to retire the compose boxes.

test releng04 so we can move pushing of updates to it from releng02

test kojipkgs02 so that we can move kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org to it

and all the releng stuff

I also want to start work on making koji fully work with the new createrepo so
we can look at moving to it. the memory and speed boosts will be worth the
cost of carrying a createrepo in the infrastructure repo.

Dennis

Old 09-13-2011, 03:19 AM
Stephen John Smoogen

On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 14:33, Kevin Fenzi <kevin@scrye.com> wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> I thought I would try a little something out this week.
> For folks working in infrastructure, what are you working on this week?
>
> Note that I am not looking for some detailed todo list, just after
> having fought your monday and read your emails and looked at tickets
> and bugs and requests, what kind of things are you going to try and
> work on this week? On friday, if you looked and finished X, you would
> feel happy about the week. whats X?
>
> Here's mine:

- learn fedpkg
- build mediawiki-117 spec for review
- eol mediawiki EPEL-4 packages
- build epylog rpms for EPEL
- build junk systems
- do anywork needed for retrace boxes for beta
- work on CSI
- work on fedora security checklist for compass.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
battle." -- Ian MacLaren

Old 09-13-2011, 03:53 AM
Toshio Kuratomi

On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 02:33:52PM -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> I thought I would try a little something out this week.
> For folks working in infrastructure, what are you working on this week?
>
> Note that I am not looking for some detailed todo list, just after
> having fought your monday and read your emails and looked at tickets
> and bugs and requests, what kind of things are you going to try and
> work on this week? On friday, if you looked and finished X, you would
> feel happy about the week. whats X?

* raffle app deployment. I have this in an rpm but need to figure out the
puppet stuff to configure it in the proxies and make sure that my db
deployment steps are correct. Also need to get content from inode0 and
spot. Probably need some change requests and such to get this in.
* Work on some python packages and packaging issues.
- python26 packages, byte compilation, and epel
- python-mako0.4 compat packages
- python-fedora update package
- Evaluate and update some TG2 dependency packages

-Toshio