-   -   Help get fpaste.org (fpaste-server) into Fedora Infrastructure (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-infrastructure/572242-help-get-fpaste-org-fpaste-server-into-fedora-infrastructure.html)

Clint Savage 09-06-2011 02:35 AM

Help get fpaste.org (fpaste-server) into Fedora Infrastructure

Today, I deployed the latest fpaste-server[1] package on a development
box[2] within Fedora Infrastructure.

I’d like to get some folks to hit it and do some testing. If you have
time, I would love it if you could take a moment, read below and help.

To help, just point your browser to
http://paste01.dev.fedoraproject.org/ and add some pastes. In fact, it
should be pretty sturdy. If you do happen to find a bug, please file
it on our fedorahosted.org[3] trac instance.

Or you can roll your own. Install your own instance of fpaste-server.
I’ve posted some simple installation instructions[4] for anyone who is
interested.

We are always looking for helpers to make fpaste-server better. Please
contact me if you are interested in helping improve or maintain this
simple and fun project.

Thanks a ton!

herlo

1 - http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=11844
2 - http://paste01.dev.fedoraproject.org/
3 - https://fedorahosted.org/fpaste-server/
4 - https://fedorahosted.org/fpaste-server/browser/INSTALL.rst

Rohan Ferris 09-08-2011 11:29 AM

On 6/09/11 12:35 PM, Clint Savage wrote:
> Today, I deployed the latest fpaste-server[1] package on a development
> box[2] within Fedora Infrastructure.
>
> I’d like to get some folks to hit it and do some testing. If you have
> time, I would love it if you could take a moment, read below and help.
>
> To help, just point your browser to
> http://paste01.dev.fedoraproject.org/ and add some pastes. In fact, it
> should be pretty sturdy. If you do happen to find a bug, please file
> it on our fedorahosted.org[3] trac instance.
>
> Or you can roll your own. Install your own instance of fpaste-server.
> I’ve posted some simple installation instructions[4] for anyone who is
> interested.
>
> We are always looking for helpers to make fpaste-server better. Please
> contact me if you are interested in helping improve or maintain this
> simple and fun project.
>
> Thanks a ton!
>
> herlo
>
> 1 - http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=11844
> 2 - http://paste01.dev.fedoraproject.org/
> 3 - https://fedorahosted.org/fpaste-server/
> 4 - https://fedorahosted.org/fpaste-server/browser/INSTALL.rst

Hi Clint,

I pasted a few things into the fpaste page. Can't see any problems from
the couple I've done.
http://paste01.dev.fedoraproject.org/XwBH/

Looking nice :)

Rohan

Dennis Gilmore 09-09-2011 11:59 PM

On Monday, September 05, 2011 09:35:57 PM Clint Savage wrote:
> Today, I deployed the latest fpaste-server[1] package on a development
> box[2] within Fedora Infrastructure.
>
> I’d like to get some folks to hit it and do some testing. If you have
> time, I would love it if you could take a moment, read below and help.
>
> To help, just point your browser to
> http://paste01.dev.fedoraproject.org/ and add some pastes. In fact, it
> should be pretty sturdy. If you do happen to find a bug, please file
> it on our fedorahosted.org[3] trac instance.
>
> Or you can roll your own. Install your own instance of fpaste-server.
> I’ve posted some simple installation instructions[4] for anyone who is
> interested.
>
> We are always looking for helpers to make fpaste-server better. Please
> contact me if you are interested in helping improve or maintain this
> simple and fun project.
>
> Thanks a ton!
>
> herlo
>
> 1 - http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=11844
> 2 - http://paste01.dev.fedoraproject.org/
> 3 - https://fedorahosted.org/fpaste-server/
> 4 - https://fedorahosted.org/fpaste-server/browser/INSTALL.rst

ive tested it a little,
one gripe, defaulting to python syntax is not friendly, we sshould either
default to plain text or autodetect and fall back to plain text if
autodetection fails.

Dennis

Clint Savage 09-10-2011 05:36 PM

On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 5:59 PM, Dennis Gilmore <dennis@ausil.us> wrote:
> On Monday, September 05, 2011 09:35:57 PM Clint Savage wrote:
>> Today, I deployed the latest fpaste-server[1] package on a development
>> box[2] within Fedora Infrastructure.
>>
>> I’d like to get some folks to hit it and do some testing. If you have
>> time, I would love it if you could take a moment, read below and help.
>>
>> To help, just point your browser to
>> http://paste01.dev.fedoraproject.org/ and add some pastes. In fact, it
>> should be pretty sturdy. If you do happen to find a bug, please file
>> it on our fedorahosted.org[3] trac instance.
>>
>> Or you can roll your own. Install your own instance of fpaste-server.
>> I’ve posted some simple installation instructions[4] for anyone who is
>> interested.
>>
>> We are always looking for helpers to make fpaste-server better. Please
>> contact me if you are interested in helping improve or maintain this
>> simple and fun project.
>>
>> Thanks a ton!
>>
>> herlo
>>
>> 1 - http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=11844
>> 2 - http://paste01.dev.fedoraproject.org/
>> 3 - https://fedorahosted.org/fpaste-server/
>> 4 - https://fedorahosted.org/fpaste-server/browser/INSTALL.rst
>
> ive tested it a little,
> one gripe, defaulting to python syntax is not friendly, we sshould either
> default to plain text or autodetect and fall back to plain text if
> autodetection fails.
>
> Dennis

I agree. I know that can be fixed and I'll dig into the code and
figure out how to fix that. On fpaste.org there are a bunch more
options for syntax as well.

Thanks for the input.

Clint