Old 09-01-2011, 10:34 AM
Rahul Sundaram

Default Ask Fedora SOP complete

Hi

All settings, customizations are now fully documented at

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ask_Fedora_SOP

Next step would be to use Puppet to automate all of this and we are good
to go although I am going to continue to update to the latest versions
from upstream for a while since I have a bunch of feature requests that
upstream has committed to implementing or already been implemented in
the git head. I haven't yet tested with memcached but I expect the
production launch would need this. When I did test it earlier, it
seemed buggy although it might have been just my misconfiguration. I
will test again soon. I hope to do the initial production launch before
Fedora 16 release.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/16/Schedule

Rahul

Old 09-01-2011, 07:52 PM
Kevin Fenzi

On Thu, 01 Sep 2011 16:04:14 +0530
Rahul Sundaram <metherid@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> All settings, customizations are now fully documented at
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ask_Fedora_SOP
>
> Next step would be to use Puppet to automate all of this and we are
> good to go although I am going to continue to update to the latest
> versions from upstream for a while since I have a bunch of feature
> requests that upstream has committed to implementing or already been
> implemented in the git head. I haven't yet tested with memcached
> but I expect the production launch would need this. When I did test
> it earlier, it seemed buggy although it might have been just my
> misconfiguration. I will test again soon. I hope to do the initial
> production launch before Fedora 16 release.
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/16/Schedule

Thanks Rahul.

We are making some last minute changes to the package to make it easier
to deploy. As soon as we have those, we can get it into puppet.

I have most of a puppet commit to add the ask01.stg instance. Just need
to tweak it some and adjust for the new package. Hopefully we can get
it testing there soon.

kevin

Old 09-02-2011, 06:03 AM
Rahul Sundaram

On 09/02/2011 01:22 AM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> Thanks Rahul.
>
> We are making some last minute changes to the package to make it easier
> to deploy. As soon as we have those, we can get it into puppet.
>
> I have most of a puppet commit to add the ask01.stg instance. Just need
> to tweak it some and adjust for the new package. Hopefully we can get
> it testing there soon.

Includes the changes you asked for

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/askbot-0.7.22-2.el6

Let me know if there is anything else I need to do

Rahul