FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Infrastructure

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 08-19-2011, 07:48 AM
Mahrud S
 
Default Meeting Agenda Item: Introduction Mahrud

Hi
I'm Mahrud. irc username: mahrud.
Skills:
I've learned working with these things while working on different projects or digging my linux laptop: LinuxPAM, SELinux, chroot, squid, LDAP, git, Wireless Cryptography & OpenSSL, Linux network/security administration, monitoring and troubleshooting, embedded linux (OpenWRT on a WRT54GL), etc.



programming: native c/cpp and adv. bash, familiar with ruby, python, php, _javascript_, a bit assembly, understand perl, hate Visual Studio and specially VB.
Algorithmic programing and data structure (intended school classes).



Projects:
HelliJudge (an online judge system; details), OpenSchoolNetwork (a local system for Allamehelli HS (my previous high school), it's goal is to find and train future admin of server of Allamehelli from students by giving them a jailed ssh account on server. It uses a central authentication system using LDAP for squid on the same server and sshd on another server using the same ldap server)



Hobbies:
Digging Linux! hack (but not crack)! Remote administrating Allamehelli's network and server.
Weaknesses:

If there isn't any problem to solve, then I'll be so lazy and waste my time on google reader! Back in Iran I were working on Allamehelli's server, but now in US due to loss of physical access I'm unable to work with that server (because in case of problem in ssh or auth, I'll have to wait about a day for my friends to take is up again), and that's why I want to join you in administrating the fedora infrastructure.



Still in high school (12th grade).
Hope you are not bored
I'm interested in working on this or this, but I'll be glad to work on anything related to Linux (even if there is a requirement, I'll learn it through the project, just like all of the above)



--
Best wishes
Mahrud


_______________________________________________
infrastructure mailing list
infrastructure@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/infrastructure
 
Old 08-19-2011, 02:44 PM
Kevin Fenzi
 
Default Meeting Agenda Item: Introduction Mahrud

On Fri, 19 Aug 2011 00:48:19 -0700
Mahrud S <dinovirus@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
> I'm Mahrud. irc username: mahrud.
> *Skills:
> *
> I've learned working with these things while working on different
> projects or digging my linux laptop: LinuxPAM, SELinux, chroot,
> squid, LDAP, git, Wireless Cryptography & OpenSSL, Linux
> network/security administration, monitoring and troubleshooting,
> embedded linux (OpenWRT on a WRT54GL), etc. programming: native c/cpp
> and adv. bash, familiar with ruby, python, php, javascript, a bit
> assembly, understand perl, hate Visual Studio and specially VB.
> Algorithmic programing and data structure (intended school classes).
> *Projects:*
> HelliJudge <http://hellicode.allamehelli.ir/git/> (an online judge
> system;
> details<http://users.allamehelli.ir/%7Em_sayrafi/blog/2011/08/project-hellijudge/>),
> OpenSchoolNetwork (a local system for Allamehelli HS (my previous
> high school), it's goal is to find and train future admin of
> server<http://allamehelli.ir/>of Allamehelli from students by giving
> them a jailed ssh account on server. It uses a central authentication
> system using LDAP for squid on the same server and sshd on another
> server using the same ldap server) *Hobbies:
> *
> Digging Linux! hack (but not crack)! Remote administrating
> Allamehelli's network and server.
> *Weaknesses:*
> If there isn't any problem to solve, then I'll be so lazy and waste
> my time on google reader! Back in Iran I were working on
> Allamehelli's server, but now in US due to loss of physical access
> I'm unable to work with that server (because in case of problem in
> ssh or auth, I'll have to wait about a day for my friends to take is
> up again), and that's why I want to join you in administrating the
> fedora infrastructure. Still in high school (12th grade).
> Hope you are not bored


Welcome!

If you haven't already, take a look at:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/GettingStarted
Join us on irc.freenode.net in #fedora-admin and try and make our
weekly meeting on thursday.

> I'm interested in working on
> this<https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/230>or
> this <https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/833>, but
> I'll be glad to work on anything related to Linux (even if there is a
> requirement, I'll learn it through the project, just like all of the
> above) **--
> Best wishes
> Mahrud <http://users.allamehelli.ir/%7Em_sayrafi/>

Both of those are kind of difficult/big projects.

You may want to look at:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure_Apprentice

and

https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/report/14

For some possibly easier tickets to get started in on.

Again, Welcome!

kevin
_______________________________________________
infrastructure mailing list
infrastructure@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/infrastructure
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 06:50 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org