Old 02-07-2008, 07:42 PM
Mike McGrath

Default Meetings

Welp, the last 2 thursdays were busy enough that I forgot to start both
meetings. In fairness I don't think anyone really missed it as no one
pinged me to see if we were starting

So I'll ask, is there another time that works for everyone? We can
certainly re-schedule the meeting times. Anyone not like the current time
slot?

I think one thing that gets most of us is that during day light savings,
it changes. It seems most people would prefer it to be about an hour
later right now.

Thoughts?

-Mike

Old 02-07-2008, 08:59 PM
"Stephen John Smoogen"

On Feb 7, 2008 1:42 PM, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath@redhat.com> wrote:
> Welp, the last 2 thursdays were busy enough that I forgot to start both
> meetings. In fairness I don't think anyone really missed it as no one
> pinged me to see if we were starting
>
> So I'll ask, is there another time that works for everyone? We can
> certainly re-schedule the meeting times. Anyone not like the current time
> slot?
>
> I think one thing that gets most of us is that during day light savings,
> it changes. It seems most people would prefer it to be about an hour
> later right now.

Ack.. I completely forgot myself. I need to add it to my google calender.

Old 02-07-2008, 09:00 PM
"Stephen John Smoogen"

On Feb 7, 2008 2:59 PM, Stephen John Smoogen <smooge@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 7, 2008 1:42 PM, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath@redhat.com> wrote:
> > Welp, the last 2 thursdays were busy enough that I forgot to start both
> > meetings. In fairness I don't think anyone really missed it as no one
> > pinged me to see if we were starting
> >
> > So I'll ask, is there another time that works for everyone? We can
> > certainly re-schedule the meeting times. Anyone not like the current time
> > slot?
> >
> > I think one thing that gets most of us is that during day light savings,
> > it changes. It seems most people would prefer it to be about an hour
> > later right now.
> >

> Ack.. I completely forgot myself. I need to add it to my google calender.

To answer the question. I think I just need to know when it is so I
don't forget.

Old 02-08-2008, 06:03 AM
"Paulo Santos"

For me it mainly depends if i have anything in RL to do or not. Since the meeting in my timezone is pretty late i can mostly attend all, if its earlier you will probably have problems with everyone on this side of the world (Europe), since they would be working, studying, whatever...

Just my 2 cents...

Paulo

Old 02-08-2008, 05:42 PM
Ryan Ordway

Welp, the last 2 thursdays were busy enough that I forgot to start
both

meetings. In fairness I don't think anyone really missed it as no one
pinged me to see if we were starting

So I'll ask, is there another time that works for everyone? We can
certainly re-schedule the meeting times. Anyone not like the
current time

slot?

I think one thing that gets most of us is that during day light
savings,

it changes. It seems most people would prefer it to be about an hour
later right now.

I'm on the west coast, so I'm generally at lunch or in after-lunch
meetings at that time so I end up missing a lot of meetings. But I try
to keep up with the IRC logs.

Ryan

--
Ryan Ordway E-mail: rordway@oregonstate.edu
Unix Systems Administrator rordway@library.oregonstate.edu

Old 11-28-2011, 06:42 PM
Kevin Fenzi

Greetings.

Our meetings have been scheduled for 19:30 UTC monday's, but I have
been slacking on running them then, for a number of reasons:

* Mondays are busy, catching up on things from the weekend, etc.
* I have a FESCo meeting just before this.
* The fedora-fr folks are meeting at that time now due to daylight
savings time.

So, I would like to propose we move to another day/time.

Does anyone have a preference?

We could possibly also just switch to 'on demand' meetings. Ie, no
meeting unless someone proposes topic(s) for one. Currently EPEL is in
a 'stable' phase, so there's not too many issues needing discussion,
IMHO.

kevin

Old 02-07-2012, 10:57 PM
Stephen John Smoogen

On 28 November 2011 12:42, Kevin Fenzi <kevin@scrye.com> wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> Our meetings have been scheduled for 19:30 UTC monday's, but I have
> been slacking on running them then, for a number of reasons:
>
> * Mondays are busy, catching up on things from the weekend, etc.
> * I have a FESCo meeting just before this.
> * The fedora-fr folks are meeting at that time now due to daylight
> Â*savings time.

Could we move the meetings to Fridays or Thursdays? We have a bunch of
meetings on Thursdays but it is clearer than other days .

> So, I would like to propose we move to another day/time.
>
> Does anyone have a preference?
>
> We could possibly also just switch to 'on demand' meetings. Ie, no
> meeting unless someone proposes topic(s) for one. Currently EPEL is in
> a 'stable' phase, so there's not too many issues needing discussion,
> IMHO.

In this case, I believe we need to hold a "Town Hall" for the extended
RHEL cycle. I think we are going to need to look at "ending" earlier
than RHEL does because basically trying to support EL-5 for that much
longer is really really hard. However that is my opinion and I would
like to get others too.

> kevin

Stephen J Smoogen.
recommend pleasant. You may quote me." Â*—James Stewart as Elwood P. Dowd

Old 02-09-2012, 01:41 AM
Kevin Fenzi

On Tue, 7 Feb 2012 16:57:15 -0700
Stephen John Smoogen <smooge@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 28 November 2011 12:42, Kevin Fenzi <kevin@scrye.com> wrote:
> > Greetings.
> >
> > Our meetings have been scheduled for 19:30 UTC monday's, but I have
> > been slacking on running them then, for a number of reasons:
> >
> > * Mondays are busy, catching up on things from the weekend, etc.
> > * I have a FESCo meeting just before this.
> > * The fedora-fr folks are meeting at that time now due to daylight
> > *savings time.
>
> Could we move the meetings to Fridays or Thursdays? We have a bunch of
> meetings on Thursdays but it is clearer than other days .

we could... thursday is super meeting day for me, not sure what times I
have left.

Friday might work, but thats what we had before that people couldn't
make. I guess we could try it.

> In this case, I believe we need to hold a "Town Hall" for the extended
> RHEL cycle. I think we are going to need to look at "ending" earlier
> than RHEL does because basically trying to support EL-5 for that much
> longer is really really hard. However that is my opinion and I would
> like to get others too.

Well, I think we can continue to do the best we can. Sure, 3 more years
makes things harder, but we can do the best we can.

kevin

Old 04-18-2012, 04:41 PM
Máirín Duffy

On Wed, 2012-04-18 at 11:23 -0500, Ryan Gauger wrote:
> > If nothing has changed since the last time I checked, we don't have team
> > meetings at all anymore.
> Why do we not have team meetings anymore? I thought they were useful...
> Thanks!

They take a lot of time to manage and were not productive. Certainly not
productive enough to make up for the time sunk into running them.

If someone else wants to run meetings though that is something we can
talk about.

~m