Old 03-07-2011, 05:45 PM
Kevin Fenzi

Default Freeze change request: increase varnish timeout for pkgdb to 90s

On Mon, 7 Mar 2011 12:32:37 -0600
<Matt_Domsch@Dell.com> wrote:

> Not horribly opposed, but why?

Sorry, cut off my explanatory text there. ;(

Basically owner-sync-pkgdb hits a pkgdb url to get vcs into to populate
into koji from releng02. This cron job is hitting the default 60 second
timeout sometimes and failing. Increasing the timeout to 90s should
allow it to always complete.

Upsides: No cron spam emails from the failed job. New package owners
don't need to wait for packages to be buildable in koji until the job
finishes correctly.

Downsides: not sure if there are any off hand.

kevin

Old 03-07-2011, 08:32 PM
Toshio Kuratomi

On Mon, Mar 07, 2011 at 11:45:53AM -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Mar 2011 12:32:37 -0600
> <Matt_Domsch@Dell.com> wrote:
>
> > Not horribly opposed, but why?
>
> Sorry, cut off my explanatory text there. ;(
>
> Basically owner-sync-pkgdb hits a pkgdb url to get vcs into to populate
> into koji from releng02. This cron job is hitting the default 60 second
> timeout sometimes and failing. Increasing the timeout to 90s should
> allow it to always complete.
>
> Upsides: No cron spam emails from the failed job. New package owners
> don't need to wait for packages to be buildable in koji until the job
> finishes correctly.
>
> Downsides: not sure if there are any off hand.

+1 from me.

Should be easy to revert if it causes problems too.

-Toshio

Old 03-07-2011, 09:09 PM

+1

--