Old 02-22-2011, 10:40 PM
Stephen John Smoogen

Default Strange problem with robotics@lists.fedoraproject.org

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 02:51, Tim Niemueller <tim@niemueller.de> wrote:
> Hello there.
>
> Last night I got several dozen email of unsubscribe notifications. Since
> it's a massive amount I wanted to check back. Has there been a problem
> with the mailing list? For some addresses I'd be surprised if they
> unsubscribed.

I believe Seth looked at this earlier today. I am not sure what the
status of this was.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
battle." -- Ian MacLaren

Old 02-23-2011, 02:07 AM
seth vidal

On Tue, 2011-02-22 at 16:40 -0700, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 02:51, Tim Niemueller <tim@niemueller.de> wrote:
> > Hello there.
> >
> > Last night I got several dozen email of unsubscribe notifications. Since
> > it's a massive amount I wanted to check back. Has there been a problem
> > with the mailing list? For some addresses I'd be surprised if they
> > unsubscribed.
> >

> I believe Seth looked at this earlier today. I am not sure what the
> status of this was.

The answer is -they look like legit bounces. It is not obvious, however,
that the users are getting notifications that their messages are
bouncing.

-sv

Old 02-23-2011, 12:21 PM
seth vidal

On Wed, 2011-02-23 at 10:42 +0100, Tim Niemueller wrote:
> On 23.02.2011 04:07, seth vidal wrote:

> >> I believe Seth looked at this earlier today. I am not sure what the
> >> status of this was.
> >>

> > The answer is -they look like legit bounces. It is not obvious, however,
> > that the users are getting notifications that their messages are
> > bouncing.
>
> I'm pretty certain Jef Spaleta, one of the founders of the Robotics SIG,
> did not intend to unsubscribe. Since it's a large number of bounces, can
> we get some more info on that? Should I re-subscribe the addresses and
> let mailman send a notification, so that users can unsubscribe if they
> want to?
>
> I'm just concerned about the large number at the same time, that looks
> like a problem on the mailman side.

If you think the bounces were in error, then, yes, resub them.

It's easy to do it en-masse in the mailman interface.

-sv