Old 02-10-2011, 02:09 PM
Matthew Knapp

Default Hi, I'm Matt, and I would love to help

Hi !*I'm Matthew Knapp (Matt)!
** * I'm a twenty year old Linux enthusiast living in Charlotte NC. I love Fedora, I am working on getting my RHCSA, and I'm learning Python. I would love to get some hands on experience in administration, and it would only be too awesome to get it helping the Fedora community! Any were I could help I would be glad to.
** * I am hoping to be able to contribute as a sys-admin in any of the Fedora infrastructure groups, but, as I am learning Python and would like to learn MySQL, would be*particularly*interested in the sysadmin-web group. I learn fast, and am quite willing to self study any areas were my knowledge might prove*inadequate. I would love to get an*opportunity to learn more about*virtualization, system scripting, and anything that I could pick up about MySQL.
** * I would be able to commit five to six hours a week in a long term scale, but right now would be able to commit probably closer to ten to fifteen.Thanks to all of you Fedora contributors,Matt

Old 02-16-2011, 10:11 PM
Stephen John Smoogen

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 08:09, Matthew Knapp <mattknapp1990@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi !*I'm Matthew Knapp (Matt)!
> ** * I'm a twenty year old Linux enthusiast living in Charlotte NC. I love
> Fedora, I am working on getting my RHCSA, and I'm learning Python. I would
> love to get some hands on experience in administration, and it would only be
> too awesome to get it helping the Fedora community! Any were I could help I
> would be glad to.

Hi Matthew,

my apologies for not replying sooner. If you haven't already, can you
introduce yourself on IRC #fedora-admin and we will see what we can do
to start training.

> ** * I am hoping to be able to contribute as a sys-admin in any of the
> Fedora infrastructure groups, but, as I am learning Python and would like to
> learn MySQL, would be*particularly*interested in the sysadmin-web group. I
> learn fast, and am quite willing to self study any areas were my knowledge
> might prove*inadequate. I would love to get an*opportunity to learn more
> about*virtualization, system scripting, and anything that I could pick up
> about MySQL.
> ** * I would be able to commit five to six hours a week in a long term
> scale, but right now would be able to commit probably closer to ten to
> fifteen.
> Thanks to all of you Fedora contributors,
> Matt

Stephen J Smoogen.
battle." -- Ian MacLaren