Old 01-28-2011, 04:08 PM
Ray Van Dolson

Default Support for BFO?

Where is the proper place to seek support for BFO (boot.fp.org)? I
didn't really see a component for it in Bugzilla, nor were there any
contact links on the website or in the FAQ.

I know it spawned out of Infrastructure, so also checked Trac -- that
may be the right place but thought I'd ask here first.

I have an issue with my NIC being supported. Probably can resolve
upstream, but who here would need to be pinged to implement any
changes?

Thanks,
Ray

Old 01-28-2011, 06:14 PM
Mike McGrath

On Fri, 28 Jan 2011, Ray Van Dolson wrote:

> Where is the proper place to seek support for BFO (boot.fp.org)? I
> didn't really see a component for it in Bugzilla, nor were there any
> contact links on the website or in the FAQ.
>
> I know it spawned out of Infrastructure, so also checked Trac -- that
> may be the right place but thought I'd ask here first.
>
> I have an issue with my NIC being supported. Probably can resolve
> upstream, but who here would need to be pinged to implement any
> changes?

It's on the FAQ: http://boot.fedoraproject.org/faq under "Why won't BFO
boot"

Basically upstream problems should go straight to etherboot mostly because
we often don't have access to the nic and would just be a middle man in
that scenario

If they have a fix and there's something we can do (like re-compile BFO
with some flag, or an update is ready) let us know and we'll get it
updated ASAP

-Mike

Old 01-28-2011, 09:01 PM
Marko Myllynen

Hi,

>> I have an issue with my NIC being supported. Probably can resolve
>> upstream, but who here would need to be pinged to implement any
>> changes?
>
> Basically upstream problems should go straight to etherboot mostly because
> we often don't have access to the nic and would just be a middle man in
> that scenario
>
> If they have a fix and there's something we can do (like re-compile BFO
> with some flag, or an update is ready) let us know and we'll get it
> updated ASAP

perhaps BFO could switch from gPXE to iPXE [1], if that hasn't been done
already? The BFO FAQ at least still talks about gPXE.

1) http://ipxe.org/faq

Cheers,

--
Marko Myllynen

Old 02-02-2011, 08:04 AM
"Jˇhann B. Gu­mundsson"

Speaking of support for BFO when is the image cleaned to reflect the
current situation

The install menu gives me..

Fedora 1{2,3,4,4-branched}

F12 being EOL and F14 Branched should be F15 Rawhide

Same applies for Rescue

And experimental gives me F11 and F12 LiveCD both EOL releases???

So how does one go about getting on the rawhide train using BFO?

JBG

Old 02-02-2011, 02:19 PM
Mike McGrath

On Wed, 2 Feb 2011, "Jˇhann B. Gu­mundsson" wrote:

> Speaking of support for BFO when is the image cleaned to reflect the
> current situation
>
> The install menu gives me..
>
> Fedora 1{2,3,4,4-branched}
>
> F12 being EOL and F14 Branched should be F15 Rawhide
>
> Same applies for Rescue
>
> And experimental gives me F11 and F12 LiveCD both EOL releases???
>
> So how does one go about getting on the rawhide train using BFO?

I didn't think we produced install images for rawhide. Do we?

-Mike______________________________________________ _
infrastructure mailing list
infrastructure@lists.fedoraproject.org

Old 02-02-2011, 02:39 PM
"Jˇhann B. Gu­mundsson"

On 02/02/2011 03:19 PM, Mike McGrath wrote:
> I didn't think we produced install images for rawhide. Do we?
We got the nightly composes of "Live" images?

But is then not the right question for us to ask ourselves if there is
something preventing us from doing it?

Is not BFO perfect to test Anaconda changes?

Who are responsible for BFO? Releng?

JBG

Old 02-02-2011, 02:50 PM
Jesse Keating

On 2/2/11 7:39 AM, "Jˇhann B. Gu­mundsson" wrote:
> On 02/02/2011 03:19 PM, Mike McGrath wrote:
>> I didn't think we produced install images for rawhide. Do we?
> We got the nightly composes of "Live" images?
>
> But is then not the right question for us to ask ourselves if there is
> something preventing us from doing it?
>
> Is not BFO perfect to test Anaconda changes?
>
> Who are responsible for BFO? Releng?

The anaconda team doesn't want wide spread testing of their changes all
the time. When they are ready for a wider audience for testing they ask
releng to produce an install set and QA to announce it. There are also
the coordinated and scheduled image test points during the release
schedule. It is only after a release has branched from rawhide that
nightly images are produced.

As for who's responsible for BFO, that has historically been something
the infrastructure team has managed.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom▓ is a feature!