Old 01-13-2011, 04:43 PM
Misha Shnurapet

Default Querying FAS details through IRC

14.01.2011, 01:04, "Clint Savage" <herlo1@gmail.com>:
> On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 9:22 AM, Misha Shnurapet
> <shnurapet@fedoraproject.org>; wrote:
>
>> *Hello.
>>
>> *It is possible to query contributors' information on IRC with a command that fetches data from FAS. While it's OK to provide extensive information on users through the web interface (which is now only possible for the community members, AFAIK, as it requires to log in), I think it might come reasonable not to provide email addresses on such queries on IRC.
>>
>> *--
>> *Best regards,
>> *Misha Shnurapet, Fedora Project Contributor
>> *http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Shnurapet
>> *shnurapet AT fedoraproject.org, GPG: 00217306
>
> Misha,
>
> You can do this already anywhere the user zodbot exists in IRC. *For
> example, try this out in #fedora-ambassadors
>
> .fas herlo
>
> o> r
>
> .fasinfo herlo
>
> Note the dot (.) is the indicator to tell zodbot to do the work.
>
> Here's more information about zodbot - http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Zodbot
>
> As for providing email or other personal information, this is up to
> the individual contributor to determine whether they wish to share
> their details in FAS.

The IRC commands full output is not affected by the "Private" flag.

--
Best regards,

Old 01-13-2011, 04:58 PM
Kevin Fenzi

On Fri, 14 Jan 2011 01:43:04 +0800
Misha Shnurapet <shnurapet@fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> The IRC commands full output is not affected by the "Private" flag.

Yes, it should be.

Can you show a case where it's not?

Note that email is NOT something you can set to private. It's public
data. (see my last post).

kevin

Old 01-13-2011, 05:01 PM
Ian Weller

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 10:04:33AM -0700, Clint Savage wrote:
> You can do this already anywhere the user zodbot exists in IRC. For
> example, try this out in #fedora-ambassadors
>
> .fas herlo
>
> or
>
> .fasinfo herlo

If you're connected to Freenode but not in a channel with zodbot, you
can /msg the same commands to zodbot as well. Just open what's called a
PRIVMSG, /msg, /query, or PM with zodbot on Freenode and type the same
commands.

--
Ian Weller <ian@ianweller.org>

Old 01-13-2011, 05:05 PM
Misha Shnurapet

14.01.2011, 02:01, "Ian Weller" <ian@ianweller.org>:
> If you're connected to Freenode but not in a channel with zodbot, you
> can /msg the same commands to zodbot as well. Just open what's called a
> PRIVMSG, /msg, /query, or PM with zodbot on Freenode and type the same
> commands.

And it provides full info no matter of the Private flag. I don't think it's the very correct behavior.

--
Best regards,

Old 01-13-2011, 05:49 PM
Jesse Keating

On 1/13/11 10:05 AM, Misha Shnurapet wrote:
> 14.01.2011, 02:01, "Ian Weller" <ian@ianweller.org>:
>> If you're connected to Freenode but not in a channel with zodbot, you
>> can /msg the same commands to zodbot as well. Just open what's called a
>> PRIVMSG, /msg, /query, or PM with zodbot on Freenode and type the same
>> commands.
>
> And it provides full info no matter of the Private flag. I don't think it's the very correct behavior.

Please give examples, as I've found this to not be the case.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom˛ is a feature!

Old 01-13-2011, 06:58 PM
Mike McGrath

On Fri, 14 Jan 2011, Misha Shnurapet wrote:

> 14.01.2011, 02:01, "Ian Weller" <ian@ianweller.org>:
> > If you're connected to Freenode but not in a channel with zodbot, you
> > can /msg the same commands to zodbot as well. Just open what's called a
> > PRIVMSG, /msg, /query, or PM with zodbot on Freenode and type the same
> > commands.
>
> And it provides full info no matter of the Private flag. I don't think it's the very correct behavior.

What you're asking for isn't a change in FAS, it's a change in the privacy
policy. That's a legal matter and is pretty clearly stated that email is
not considered private. It's just the nature of the work we do online.

-Mike