Old 01-13-2011, 03:22 PM
Misha Shnurapet

Default Querying FAS details through IRC

Hello.

It is possible to query contributors' information on IRC with a command that fetches data from FAS. While it's OK to provide extensive information on users through the web interface (which is now only possible for the community members, AFAIK, as it requires to log in), I think it might come reasonable not to provide email addresses on such queries on IRC.

--
Best regards,
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Shnurapet

Old 01-13-2011, 04:04 PM
Clint Savage

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 9:22 AM, Misha Shnurapet
<shnurapet@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> It is possible to query contributors' information on IRC with a command that fetches data from FAS. While it's OK to provide extensive information on users through the web interface (which is now only possible for the community members, AFAIK, as it requires to log in), I think it might come reasonable not to provide email addresses on such queries on IRC.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Misha Shnurapet, Fedora Project Contributor
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Shnurapet
> shnurapet AT fedoraproject.org, GPG: 00217306

Misha,

You can do this already anywhere the user zodbot exists in IRC. For
example, try this out in #fedora-ambassadors

.fas herlo

or

.fasinfo herlo

Note the dot (.) is the indicator to tell zodbot to do the work.

Here's more information about zodbot - http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Zodbot

As for providing email or other personal information, this is up to
the individual contributor to determine whether they wish to share
their details in FAS.

Cheers,

Clint

Old 01-13-2011, 04:17 PM
Kevin Fenzi

On Thu, 13 Jan 2011 10:04:33 -0700
Clint Savage <herlo1@gmail.com> wrote:

...snip...

> As for providing email or other personal information, this is up to
> the individual contributor to determine whether they wish to share
> their details in FAS.

See also:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal/PrivacyPolicy

"In keeping with the open nature and spirit of Fedora, some personal
information attached to Fedora accounts is made public by default."
"your email address;"

kevin