Old 12-10-2010, 12:04 AM
Mailing Lists

Default Sponsor wanted.

I've been lurking on the mailing list, and in IRC the past month or so, and would like to actually dive in at this point, and would like to be paired with a sponsor to work with and learn the more specific ropes to our infrastructure.

I'm a well rounded sysadmin using fedora in a cloud based production environment and would like to start by looking at our trac system, and tickets. Let me know if you can use me better any where else.

Thanks,

-Rob Felsburg

Old 12-10-2010, 06:08 PM
Kevin Fenzi

On Thu, 9 Dec 2010 20:04:24 -0500
Mailing Lists <subs.rfelsburg@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've been lurking on the mailing list, and in IRC the past month or
> so, and would like to actually dive in at this point, and would like
> to be paired with a sponsor to work with and learn the more specific
> ropes to our infrastructure.

Hey Rob. Whats your IRC nick?

> I'm a well rounded sysadmin using fedora in a cloud based production
> environment and would like to start by looking at our trac system, and
> tickets. Let me know if you can use me better any where else.

which tickets in particular?
Do take a look at:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/GettingStarted

Which things you are interested in working on will influence who might
wish to sponsor you and work with you.

kevin

Old 12-10-2010, 07:17 PM
Mailing Lists

I'll come back with a more detailed list later tonight.

my irc nick is rfelsburg
I'm specifically interested in security, and systems maintenance, monitoring etc.

I've looked at the Getting started stuff, sent an intro email a couple of months ago. I have a fedora account, however everytime I try to login it gives me a 500 internal server error.

-Rob