Old 11-26-2010, 11:53 AM
strong

Default Want to help

Hi All,
I'm Marlon Guao, and I would also like to extend my appreciation to the great Linux Community by extending my hand. I'm currently working as a Level 3 Unix/Linux System Administrator at Hewlett-Packard. I've been using Linux since year 2000, i'm familiar to some of the Linux distros namely, Redhat, Debian, Ubuntu, CentOS. I also do have knowledge to Unix's (HP-UX, Solaris and AIX) but im more into Linux( particularly Redhat/Fedora).

I'm very *much interested in helping the fedora community.
Thanks.
Regards,
Marlon Guao.

Old 11-29-2010, 10:34 PM
Stephen John Smoogen

On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 05:53, strong <strong007@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
> I'm Marlon Guao, and I would also like to extend my appreciation to the
> great Linux Community by extending my hand. I'm currently working as a Level
> 3 Unix/Linux System Administrator at Hewlett-Packard. I've been using Linux
> since year 2000, i'm familiar to some of the Linux distros namely, Redhat,
> Debian, Ubuntu, CentOS. I also do have knowledge to Unix's (HP-UX, Solaris
> and AIX) but im more into Linux( particularly Redhat/Fedora).
> I'm very *much interested in helping the fedora community.

Hello Marlon,

Thanks for the introduction email. Our IRC meetings are Thursdays at
2000 UTC on irc.freenode.net. What are your interests in helping with
infrastructure.

> Thanks.
> Regards,
> Marlon Guao.

Stephen J Smoogen.
battle." -- Ian MacLaren

Old 11-29-2010, 11:42 PM
strong

Thanks Stephen,
i'm interested in sysad work.*
regards,
Marlon
On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 7:34 AM, Stephen John Smoogen <smooge@gmail.com> wrote:

On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 05:53, strong <strong007@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,

> I'm Marlon Guao, and I would also like to extend my appreciation to the

> great Linux Community by extending my hand. I'm currently working as a Level

> 3 Unix/Linux System Administrator at Hewlett-Packard. I've been using Linux

> since year 2000, i'm familiar to some of the Linux distros namely, Redhat,

> Debian, Ubuntu, CentOS. I also do have knowledge to Unix's (HP-UX, Solaris

> and AIX) but im more into Linux( particularly Redhat/Fedora).

> I'm very *much interested in helping the fedora community.

Hello Marlon,

Thanks for the introduction email. Our IRC meetings are Thursdays at

2000 UTC on irc.freenode.net. What are your interests in helping with

infrastructure.

> Thanks.

> Regards,

> Marlon Guao.

Stephen J Smoogen.

battle." -- Ian MacLaren

Old 11-30-2010, 06:25 AM
boogy

Same here ...

> I'm Marlon Guao, and I would also like to extend my appreciation to the

> great Linux Community by extending my hand. I'm currently working as a Level

> 3 Unix/Linux System Administrator at Hewlett-Packard. I've been using Linux

> since year 2000, i'm familiar to some of the Linux distros namely, Redhat,

> Debian, Ubuntu, CentOS. I also do have knowledge to Unix's (HP-UX, Solaris

> and AIX) but im more into Linux( particularly Redhat/Fedora).

> I'm very *much interested in helping the fedora community.

Hello Marlon,

Thanks for the introduction email. Our IRC meetings are Thursdays at

2000 UTC on irc.freenode.net. What are your interests in helping with

infrastructure.

> Thanks.

> Regards,

> Marlon Guao.

Stephen J Smoogen.

battle." -- Ian MacLaren

------------------------------------------------------Mailto: TheBoogyMaster@gmail.comWebsite: http://www.linux-hack.org

Old 11-30-2010, 04:00 PM
Toshio Kuratomi

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 08:25:14AM +0100, boogy wrote:
> Same here ...
>
> 2010/11/30 strong <strong007@gmail.com>
>
> Thanks Stephen,
>
> i'm interested in sysad work.
>
> regards,
>
> Marlon

Do either of you use IRC? By far the easiest way to get involved with
Fedora Infrastructure is to hop into #fedora-admin on irc.freenode.net and
say howdy. Much of our communication is done via IRC. I'm abadger1999 on
#fedora-admin and smooge is probably the best person to talk to about
sysadmin stuff.

You can also read the introductory material:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Orientation_Infrastructure_SOP

and take a look in our ticketing system to see if there's anything you might
like to work on:
https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/report/3

-Toshio

Old 12-01-2010, 04:10 AM
strong

Hi Toshio,
Yes, I'm always in the IRC @freenode, my nickname there is str0ng.
ok, thanks for the links below, i'll take a look at the orientation/introductory page.

thanks.