Old 10-21-2010, 06:46 PM
"jeff@ocjtech.us"

Default Asterisk 1.8 for EPEL6

Now that Asterisk 1.8.0 has finally been released, I am going to be
switching EPEL6 to Asterisk 1.8.* while RHEL6 is still in beta.
Digium plans to maintain 1.8.0 as a "Long Term Support" release which
means that support will be available from Digium for almost as long as
Red Hat supports RHEL6, whereas support for Asterisk 1.6.2.X will be
ending in 2012. I believe that at least one of the Fedora Talk boxes
has been upgraded to a RHEL6 beta so I don't want you all to be
surprised when the update shows up...

Announcement:
http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-announce/2010-October/000277.html

Support dates:
http://www.asterisk.org/asterisk-versions

--
Jeff Ollie

Old 10-21-2010, 10:21 PM
Stephen John Smoogen

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 12:46, jeff@ocjtech.us <jeff@ocjtech.us> wrote:
> Now that Asterisk 1.8.0 has finally been released, I am going to be
> switching EPEL6 to Asterisk 1.8.* while RHEL6 is still in beta.
> Digium plans to maintain 1.8.0 as a "Long Term Support" release which
> means that support will be available from Digium for almost as long as
> Red Hat supports RHEL6, whereas support for Asterisk 1.6.2.X will be
> ending in 2012. *I believe that at least one of the Fedora Talk boxes
> has been upgraded to a RHEL6 beta so I don't want you all to be
> surprised when the update shows up...

Thanks. I am hoping to have both boxes on EL6 and whatever 1.8.x that
you have at that point.

> Announcement:
> http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-announce/2010-October/000277.html
>
> Support dates: