Old 10-20-2010, 06:41 AM
sagar dashora

Default Joining Fedora Infrastructure group

Hi

I am Sagar Dashora, 24 years of age, from India. I have recently joined fedora project community and willing to contribute to Infrastructure group.

I have 2 years of professional experience in C/ C++ programming on linux and solaris environment. Hands on experience on debuggers like gdb, ddd and dbx and other tools like valgrind, bullseye etc.

I have adequate knowledge of perl and shell programming. In past I have designed and coded modules having around 4-5K lines of C++ code.

Personally I would rate myself as
C/ C++ : 7/10
Perl :** 5/10
shell scripting : 7/10

Enough of boasting about myself, waiting to hear from you soon.
Regards
Sagar Dashora
+919703680444

Old 10-20-2010, 01:30 PM
seth vidal

On Wed, 2010-10-20 at 12:11 +0530, sagar dashora wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am Sagar Dashora, 24 years of age, from India. I have
> recently joined fedora project community and willing to
> contribute to Infrastructure group.
> I have 2 years of professional experience in C/ C++
> programming on linux and solaris environment. Hands on
> experience on debuggers like gdb, ddd and dbx and other tools
> like valgrind, bullseye etc.
> I have adequate knowledge of perl and shell programming. In
> past I have designed and coded modules having around 4-5K
> lines of C++ code.
>
> Personally I would rate myself as
> C/ C++ : 7/10
> Perl : 5/10
> shell scripting : 7/10
>
> Enough of boasting about myself, waiting to hear from you
> soon.

Hi Sagar,
Welcome to the group. Did you have anything in particular you were
thinking of working on?

-sv

Old 10-20-2010, 02:09 PM
sagar dashora

Hi

I am interested in c, c++ programing work, even better if it deals with low level OS system calls. Though no professional experience but would love to work on writing device drivers if possible.

Old 10-20-2010, 02:18 PM
seth vidal

On Wed, 2010-10-20 at 19:39 +0530, sagar dashora wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am interested in c, c++ programing work, even better if it deals
> with low level OS system calls. Though no professional experience but
> would love to work on writing device drivers if possible.

Sagar,
Have you talked to our kernel team? They hang out in #fedora-kernel on
irc.freenode.net and they have a mailing list as well. If you're looking
to work on device drivers they may know best where your work would be
most helpful.

-sv

Old 10-20-2010, 04:35 PM
sagar dashora

Not yet, I am just looking for a point to start from. What exactly we develop at infrastructure team? (i.e. ongoing work) My interest is not limited to device drivers.
What is the mailing address for kernel team?

Old 10-20-2010, 04:43 PM
Christian Jantz

Hey,

I'm not part of the infrastructure team rright now and just reading
passively until I say hi, but as far as I know Infrstructure is not a
team which is into developing but in maintaining the servers and the
infrastructure of the project. So you may have a look at the websites
team or as already said the kernel team.

Website Team: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Websites

So long
Christian