Old 10-19-2010, 02:15 PM
Mike McGrath

Default MD1000 Nagios monitoring

On Tue, 19 Oct 2010, Walter Justen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i'm reading through
>
> https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/1103
>
> and i'm wondering that the last modification date is two years ago.
>
> I'm monitoring two of such MD1000 boxes. Both connected through PERC
> controllers with two PowerEdge R710 servers. And i'm using the
> check_megaraid_sas Nagios module which depends on the LSI MegaCli Tool.
>
> So far i'm very happy with this and it works very well since months.
>
> Anybody out there with a better or another solution ? Don't think there
> exists a OSS option for this.

We may have to use the proprietary drivers if there is no feasible OSS
alternative.

-Mike

Old 10-19-2010, 02:16 PM
Mike McGrath

On Tue, 19 Oct 2010, Mike McGrath wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Oct 2010, Walter Justen wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > i'm reading through
> >
> > https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/1103
> >
> > and i'm wondering that the last modification date is two years ago.
> >
> > I'm monitoring two of such MD1000 boxes. Both connected through PERC
> > controllers with two PowerEdge R710 servers. And i'm using the
> > check_megaraid_sas Nagios module which depends on the LSI MegaCli Tool.
> >
> > So far i'm very happy with this and it works very well since months.
> >
> > Anybody out there with a better or another solution ? Don't think there
> > exists a OSS option for this.
> >

> We may have to use the proprietary drivers if there is no feasible OSS
> alternative.

Actually I just remembered we out-grew that array a few months back and
aren't using it in production anymore anyway

-Mike

Old 10-20-2010, 07:00 AM
Walter Justen

On 10/19/2010 04:16 PM, Mike McGrath wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Oct 2010, Mike McGrath wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 19 Oct 2010, Walter Justen wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> i'm reading through
>>>
>>> https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/1103
>>>
>>> and i'm wondering that the last modification date is two years ago.
>>>
>>> I'm monitoring two of such MD1000 boxes. Both connected through PERC
>>> controllers with two PowerEdge R710 servers. And i'm using the
>>> check_megaraid_sas Nagios module which depends on the LSI MegaCli Tool.
>>>
>>> So far i'm very happy with this and it works very well since months.
>>>
>>> Anybody out there with a better or another solution ? Don't think there
>>> exists a OSS option for this.
>>>

>> We may have to use the proprietary drivers if there is no feasible OSS
>> alternative.
>>

> Actually I just remembered we out-grew that array a few months back and
> aren't using it in production anymore anyway

nice, so we solved the ticket in a very short time

regards
Walter