-   -   Introducing (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-infrastructure/437202-introducing.html)

Walter Justen 10-08-2010 09:38 AM

Introducing

Hi there,

I'm Walter and I'm based in Germany (CET / CEST) in a town near Cologne.
Working as a Senior System Engineer / Admin since more than ten years
with Linux. My first distro was RedHat 4.2 and i'm using Fedora since
version 1.0.

I joined Fedora Project 2005 and helped out as a volunteer on bugzapping
and testing.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Walt

The last four weeks i looked at the infrastructure mailing list and the
#fedora-admin channel. I couldn't make it to the infrastructure meeting
because its current bad at CEST for me. But i will participate in the
near future.

I worked with Nagios serval years and do monitoring with Nagios for two
companys at the moment. For my opinion the sysadmin-noc group will be a
good starting point and a way to get a good overview to get involved in
further things. Maybe to be a member of sysadmin-web or/and
sysadmin-hosted group.

I'm skilled also in
- web server administration
- mailserver, postfix, sendmail, dovecot
- web clustering, software-hardware loadbalancing
- virtualization, KVM, VMware
and some other things as well.

King regards
Walt

Stephen John Smoogen 10-18-2010 01:08 AM

Introducing

On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 03:38, Walter Justen <walt@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm Walter and I'm based in Germany (CET / CEST) in a town near Cologne.
> Working as a Senior System Engineer / Admin since more than ten years
> with Linux. My first distro was RedHat 4.2 and i'm using Fedora since
> version 1.0.

Hi Walter and welcome. What is your IRC nick?

> I joined Fedora Project 2005 and helped out as a volunteer on bugzapping
> and testing.
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Walt
>
> The last four weeks i looked at the infrastructure mailing list and the
> #fedora-admin channel. I couldn't make it to the infrastructure meeting
> because its current bad at CEST for me. But i will participate in the
> near future.
>
> I worked with Nagios serval years and do monitoring with Nagios for two
> companys at the moment. For my opinion the sysadmin-noc group will be a
> good starting point and a way to get a good overview to get involved in
> further things. Maybe to be a member of sysadmin-web or/and
> sysadmin-hosted group.
>
> I'm skilled also in
> - web server administration
> - mailserver, postfix, sendmail, dovecot
> - web clustering, software-hardware loadbalancing
> - virtualization, KVM, VMware
> and some other things as well.

Cool. We always have needs here.

> King regards
> Walt

Stephen J Smoogen.

Walter Justen 10-18-2010 10:26 AM

Introducing

On 10/18/2010 03:08 AM, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 03:38, Walter Justen<walt@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I'm Walter and I'm based in Germany (CET / CEST) in a town near Cologne.
>> Working as a Senior System Engineer / Admin since more than ten years
>> with Linux. My first distro was RedHat 4.2 and i'm using Fedora since
>> version 1.0.
>
> Hi Walter and welcome. What is your IRC nick?

thanks Stephen,

my IRC nick is waltJ.