Old 10-02-2010, 12:40 AM
Jose Manimala

Default Publictest8 - Autoqa install

Hello,
Could someone tell me how I could get autoqa installed on the
publictest8 machine to work on FES ticket -
https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-engineering-services/ticket/40

--
Cheers
Jose

Old 10-02-2010, 02:08 PM
Mike McGrath

On Sat, 2 Oct 2010, Jose Manimala wrote:

> Hello,
> Could someone tell me how I could get autoqa installed on the
> publictest8 machine to work on FES ticket -
> https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-engineering-services/ticket/40

Unfortunately autoqa is about as 'new' as it gets so none of us has any
experience with it (that I know of). You'll want to talk to jlaska or one
of the QA team members, I know some of them have set it up.

-Mike

Old 10-02-2010, 09:27 PM
Jose Manimala

The thing is I dont have sudo permissions on publictest8. The install
docs are on the wiki. The docs are very good, so I cant go very wrong
with install, but if I do get stuck I will make sure to keep jlaska in
loop.

Old 10-03-2010, 04:22 AM
Mike McGrath

On Sun, 3 Oct 2010, Jose Manimala wrote:

> The thing is I dont have sudo permissions on publictest8. The install
> docs are on the wiki. The docs are very good, so I cant go very wrong
> with install, but if I do get stuck I will make sure to keep jlaska in
> loop.

Sorry about that, sudo permissions corrected. It might take a bit for
puppet to sync but please verify its working when you get a moment.

-Mike

Old 10-03-2010, 05:41 AM
Jose Manimala

Looks like the permissions are not synced yet

[josemm@publictest08 ~]$ sudo yum install autoqa
[sudo] password for josemm:
josemm is not allowed to run sudo on publictest08. This incident will
be reported.

Cheers
Jose

Old 10-04-2010, 01:51 AM
Jose Manimala

I am still getting the same error

[josemm@publictest08 ~]$ sudo yum install autoqa
[sudo] password for josemm:
josemm is not allowed to run sudo on publictest08. This incident will
be reported.

Anything I need to do?

Cheers
Jose

Old 10-04-2010, 02:00 AM
Mike McGrath

On Mon, 4 Oct 2010, Jose Manimala wrote:

> I am still getting the same error
>
> [josemm@publictest08 ~]$ sudo yum install autoqa
> [sudo] password for josemm:
> josemm is not allowed to run sudo on publictest08. This incident will
> be reported.
>
> Anything I need to do?

Naw, just keep letting us know when its busted This seemed to be a
puppet error preventing a full puppet run to complete (and this preventing
sudoers from updating)

I believe it is working now, give it a try.

-Mike

Old 10-05-2010, 11:27 PM
Jose Manimala

Yay

[josemm@publictest08 ~]$ rpm -q autoqa
autoqa-0.4.2-1.el5

I didnt know the server was EL5 :P thought it was a fedora system so
you might find me deleting a repo file from yum in the logs...

Cheers
Jose

Old 10-05-2010, 11:40 PM
Mike McGrath

On Wed, 6 Oct 2010, Jose Manimala wrote:

> Yay
>
> [josemm@publictest08 ~]$ rpm -q autoqa
> autoqa-0.4.2-1.el5
>
> I didnt know the server was EL5 :P thought it was a fedora system so
> you might find me deleting a repo file from yum in the logs...

Sure, have fun. Let us know if you need any assistance.

-Mike