Old 09-30-2010, 02:32 PM
shaiton

Default joining infra team request

Hi there,

I really would like to be part of the infra team, in order to help the
website team. I am now a Fedora Project Localization "representative"
on the website team, in order to help concerning l10n. But it appears
that many changes that I would like to do also needs database updates.
To be efficient in my case, (1 L10N task = 1 website commit AND 1
other infra commit/change) we (at least Sijis and me ) think that
it could be faster if I could do both.

Therefore, here I am!

I am skilled in
basic website /server administration
bash scripting
C/C++ / php / MySQL / HTML/CSS
started using git
and just started learning python and Java (java is not my own choice,
am still a student ^^)

I am using Linux since a long time ago (ok, I am not that old..) and
as definitely decided to get more involved.

About me and the Fedora Project:
I am a French Fedora Ambassador and an active translator. My goal as a
website team member is to provide a website as more localized as we
can.
I am spending lots of time with the Fedora project (15-20h on average
per week) and like to do so

My FAS/wiki/irc username is shaiton

Best Regards,

--
Kévin Raymond
GPG-Key: A5BCB3A2

Old 09-30-2010, 02:36 PM
shaiton

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 4:32 PM, shaiton <shaiton@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I really would like to be part of the infra team, in order to help the
> website team. I am now a Fedora Project Localization "representative"
> on the website team, in order to help concerning l10n. But it appears
> that many changes that I would like to do also needs database updates.
> To be efficient in my case, (1 L10N task = 1 website commit AND 1
> other infra commit/change) we (at least Sijis and me ) think that
> it could be faster if I could do both.
>
> Therefore, here I am!
>
> I am skilled in
> basic website /server administration
> bash scripting
> C/C++ / php / MySQL / HTML/CSS
> started using git
> and just started learning python and Java (java is not my own choice,
> am still a student *^^)
>
> I am using Linux since a long time ago (ok, I am not that old..) and
> as definitely decided to get more involved.
>
> About me and the Fedora Project:
> I am a French Fedora Ambassador and an active translator. My goal as a
> website team member is to provide a website as more localized as we
> can.
> I am spending lots of time with the Fedora project (15-20h on average
> per week) and like to do so
>
> My FAS/wiki/irc username is shaiton
>
> Best Regards,
>
> --
> Kévin Raymond
> GPG-Key: A5BCB3A2

Oops sorry, I forgot to precise which FIG that I want to join, it is
the sysadmin one.

Cheers,

--
Kévin Raymond
GPG-Key: A5BCB3A2

Old 09-30-2010, 03:41 PM
Mike McGrath

On Thu, 30 Sep 2010, shaiton wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 4:32 PM, shaiton <shaiton@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I really would like to be part of the infra team, in order to help the
> > website team. I am now a Fedora Project Localization "representative"
> > on the website team, in order to help concerning l10n. But it appears
> > that many changes that I would like to do also needs database updates.
> > To be efficient in my case, (1 L10N task = 1 website commit AND 1
> > other infra commit/change) we (at least Sijis and me ) think that
> > it could be faster if I could do both.
> >
> > Therefore, here I am!
> >
> > I am skilled in
> > basic website /server administration
> > bash scripting
> > C/C++ / php / MySQL / HTML/CSS
> > started using git
> > and just started learning python and Java (java is not my own choice,
> > am still a student *^^)
> >
> > I am using Linux since a long time ago (ok, I am not that old..) and
> > as definitely decided to get more involved.
> >
> > About me and the Fedora Project:
> > I am a French Fedora Ambassador and an active translator. My goal as a
> > website team member is to provide a website as more localized as we
> > can.
> > I am spending lots of time with the Fedora project (15-20h on average
> > per week) and like to do so
> >
> > My FAS/wiki/irc username is shaiton
> >
> > Best Regards,
> >
> > --
> > Kévin Raymond
> > GPG-Key: A5BCB3A2
> >

> Oops sorry, I forgot to precise which FIG that I want to join, it is
> the sysadmin one.

I know that's confusing but the 'sysadmin' fig is really just a tracking
group. What sorts of things are you passionate about? Which sysadmin-*
group do you want to work with?

infrastructure mailing list
infrastructure@lists.fedoraproject.org