Old 09-24-2010, 01:29 PM
Mike McGrath

Default Change request ( db2 )

I'd like to increase db2's max connections from 500 to 750. We've got
this FAS issue (reboots) which are leaving connections open. They largely
sit idle but stay open until they timeout.

The load on the box is fine even when it hits 500 right now. this is just
to help mask the problem a bit and impact users less, this isn't the
'right fix' so to speak. But it'll help.

Can I get 2 +1's?

-Mike

Old 09-24-2010, 01:41 PM
"Carlos (casep) Sepulveda"

On 24 September 2010 09:29, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath@redhat.com> wrote:
> I'd like to increase db2's max connections from 500 to 750. *We've got
> this FAS issue (reboots) which are leaving connections open. *They largely
> sit idle but stay open until they timeout.
>
> The load on the box is fine even when it hits 500 right now. *this is just
> to help mask the problem a bit and impact users less, this isn't the
> 'right fix' so to speak. *But it'll help.
>
> Can I get 2 +1's?

Hi:
I've checked the load numbers and it looks OK to me. +1

--
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Old 09-24-2010, 02:07 PM
Dennis Gilmore

"Mike McGrath" <mmcgrath@redhat.com> wrote:

>I'd like to increase db2's max connections from 500 to 750. We've got
>this FAS issue (reboots) which are leaving connections open. They largely
>sit idle but stay open until they timeout.
>
>The load on the box is fine even when it hits 500 right now. this is just
>to help mask the problem a bit and impact users less, this isn't the
>'right fix' so to speak. But it'll help.
>
>Can I get 2 +1's?
>
> -Mike
+1

Old 09-24-2010, 02:48 PM
Mike McGrath

On Fri, 24 Sep 2010, Dennis Gilmore wrote:

> "Mike McGrath" <mmcgrath@redhat.com> wrote:
>
> >I'd like to increase db2's max connections from 500 to 750. We've got
> >this FAS issue (reboots) which are leaving connections open. They largely
> >sit idle but stay open until they timeout.
> >
> >The load on the box is fine even when it hits 500 right now. this is just
> >to help mask the problem a bit and impact users less, this isn't the
> >'right fix' so to speak. But it'll help.
> >
> >Can I get 2 +1's?
> >
> > -Mike
> +1

I'm reverting this change, it turned out to be a rabbithole of unknown
requiring changes to other tunables in postgresql.conf and sysctl.conf.
More research needed to make sure this won't blow up the world, since the
beta is on the horizon, we'll wait.

-Mike