Old 09-15-2010, 04:32 PM
Luke Macken

Default Change request: new bodhi release

I've been trying to get this new bodhi release out the door for a while
now. It fixes a lot of important bugs and adds a bunch of new features.

I've added many new unit tests for a lot of these fixes/features, i've
been poking it in staging for a while, and it does not contain any db
schema changes so it can be reverted with a `yum downgrade bodhi-server`
if things go south.

Thanks,
luke

bodhi v0.7.9
- Email the proventesters with stale unapproved critical path
updates after 2 weeks
- Allow people to revert their karma vote more than once
- Download and inject the pkgtags sqlite db into our repodata from
the pkgdb (which will be used by `yum search`)
- Improved editing functionality
- Only unpush edited updates when builds are added/removed
- Make a note in the comments of which builds were added/removed
- Add the new 'dist-fN-updates{-testing,}-pending' tags to builds
so AutoQA can start testing them before they get pushed
- Get the 'suggest reboot' flag working again
- List security & critpath testing updates in our updates-testing
digest emails
- Allow non-critpath updates to be pushed to stable after meeting
our critpath requirements
- Add mouseover tooltips to the update status with more details
- Prevent conflicting builds from being added to the same update
(eg: 2 different versions of the same package)
- Handle more types of bugzilla auto-linking in comments
- Link to newer update in the obsoleted one
- Remove our pagination query limit of 1000
- Add a new 'author_group' field to each comment in our JSON API
- Properly capture stderr from our mash subprocess
- Add --stablekarma, --unstablekarma, and --disable-autokarma
client args
- Fix a bug in using `bodhi --push-build=` on multi-build updates
- Link to gitweb instead of viewvc
- Set default (un)stable karma values if autokarma re-enabled
- Mark anonymous karma as being ignored
- Add a --bodhi-url command-line option
- Instead of requiring only one arg with a comma separated list of
updates, support several builds as several args.
- Improved metrics report generator (soon to be integrated into the
web interface)

Old 09-15-2010, 05:44 PM
Toshio Kuratomi

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 12:32:51PM -0400, Luke Macken wrote:
> I've been trying to get this new bodhi release out the door for a while
> now. It fixes a lot of important bugs and adds a bunch of new features.
>
> I've added many new unit tests for a lot of these fixes/features, i've
> been poking it in staging for a while, and it does not contain any db
> schema changes so it can be reverted with a `yum downgrade bodhi-server`
> if things go south.

+1

Since the QA people have the systemd reversion cutting into their schedule,
we might want to put a low bar on the "should we revert this" question if
any problems crop up.

-Toshio

Old 09-15-2010, 05:59 PM
Kevin Fenzi

On Wed, 15 Sep 2010 12:32:51 -0400
Luke Macken <lmacken@redhat.com> wrote:

> I've been trying to get this new bodhi release out the door for a
> while now. It fixes a lot of important bugs and adds a bunch of new
> features.
>
> I've added many new unit tests for a lot of these fixes/features,
> i've been poking it in staging for a while, and it does not contain
> any db schema changes so it can be reverted with a `yum downgrade
> bodhi-server` if things go south.
>
> Thanks,
> luke
>
> ================================================== ===================
>
> bodhi v0.7.9
> - Email the proventesters with stale unapproved critical path
> updates after 2 weeks
> - Allow people to revert their karma vote more than once
> - Download and inject the pkgtags sqlite db into our repodata
> from the pkgdb (which will be used by `yum search`)
> - Improved editing functionality
> - Only unpush edited updates when builds are added/removed
> - Make a note in the comments of which builds were
> added/removed
> - Add the new 'dist-fN-updates{-testing,}-pending' tags to
> builds so AutoQA can start testing them before they get pushed
> - Get the 'suggest reboot' flag working again
> - List security & critpath testing updates in our
> updates-testing digest emails
> - Allow non-critpath updates to be pushed to stable after
> meeting our critpath requirements
> - Add mouseover tooltips to the update status with more details
> - Prevent conflicting builds from being added to the same update
> (eg: 2 different versions of the same package)
> - Handle more types of bugzilla auto-linking in comments
> - Link to newer update in the obsoleted one
> - Remove our pagination query limit of 1000
> - Add a new 'author_group' field to each comment in our JSON API
> - Properly capture stderr from our mash subprocess
> - Add --stablekarma, --unstablekarma, and --disable-autokarma
> client args
> - Fix a bug in using `bodhi --push-build=` on multi-build updates
> - Link to gitweb instead of viewvc
> - Set default (un)stable karma values if autokarma re-enabled
> - Mark anonymous karma as being ignored
> - Add a --bodhi-url command-line option
> - Instead of requiring only one arg with a comma separated list
> of updates, support several builds as several args.
> - Improved metrics report generator (soon to be integrated into
> the web interface)

These all seem ok to me. I agree we should revert if anything comes up
quickly, as we are in a pretty stressed time right now before Beta.

+1

kevin

Old 09-15-2010, 06:27 PM
Mike McGrath

On Wed, 15 Sep 2010, Luke Macken wrote:

> I've been trying to get this new bodhi release out the door for a while
> now. It fixes a lot of important bugs and adds a bunch of new features.
>
> I've added many new unit tests for a lot of these fixes/features, i've
> been poking it in staging for a while, and it does not contain any db
> schema changes so it can be reverted with a `yum downgrade bodhi-server`
> if things go south.
>
> Thanks,
> luke
>
> ================================================== ===================
>
> bodhi v0.7.9
> - Email the proventesters with stale unapproved critical path
> updates after 2 weeks
> - Allow people to revert their karma vote more than once
> - Download and inject the pkgtags sqlite db into our repodata from
> the pkgdb (which will be used by `yum search`)
> - Improved editing functionality
> - Only unpush edited updates when builds are added/removed
> - Make a note in the comments of which builds were added/removed
> - Add the new 'dist-fN-updates{-testing,}-pending' tags to builds
> so AutoQA can start testing them before they get pushed
> - Get the 'suggest reboot' flag working again
> - List security & critpath testing updates in our updates-testing
> digest emails
> - Allow non-critpath updates to be pushed to stable after meeting
> our critpath requirements
> - Add mouseover tooltips to the update status with more details
> - Prevent conflicting builds from being added to the same update
> (eg: 2 different versions of the same package)
> - Handle more types of bugzilla auto-linking in comments
> - Link to newer update in the obsoleted one
> - Remove our pagination query limit of 1000
> - Add a new 'author_group' field to each comment in our JSON API
> - Properly capture stderr from our mash subprocess
> - Add --stablekarma, --unstablekarma, and --disable-autokarma
> client args
> - Fix a bug in using `bodhi --push-build=` on multi-build updates
> - Link to gitweb instead of viewvc
> - Set default (un)stable karma values if autokarma re-enabled
> - Mark anonymous karma as being ignored
> - Add a --bodhi-url command-line option
> - Instead of requiring only one arg with a comma separated list of
> updates, support several builds as several args.
> - Improved metrics report generator (soon to be integrated into the
> web interface)

+1 from me. This was a known change, glad we decided to test and wait a
few days instead of cramming it in just before the freeze

-Mike