Old 08-18-2010, 03:45 PM
Mike McGrath

Default rebasing staging, rebuilding

I'd like to rebuild staging and rebase from production. This would mean
all staging changes would be wiped out and staging and production would
become identical again.

Any problems with that?

-Mike

Old 08-18-2010, 05:14 PM
Mike McGrath

On Wed, 18 Aug 2010, Mike McGrath wrote:

> I'd like to rebuild staging and rebase from production. This would mean
> all staging changes would be wiped out and staging and production would
> become identical again.
>
> Any problems with that?

Ok, everyone. you'll need to reset your staging branch if you use
staging:

git checkout staging && git reset --hard origin/staging

The old staging branch still exists as origin/staging-old

-Mike

Old 08-20-2010, 05:25 PM
Mike McGrath

On Wed, 18 Aug 2010, Mike McGrath wrote:

> I'd like to rebuild staging and rebase from production. This would mean
> all staging changes would be wiped out and staging and production would
> become identical again.
>
> Any problems with that?

This is now basically done, all went well. I'd still like to destroy
cvs01.stg and build pkgs01.stg. The staging buildsystem is still down but
I'll get that fixed after the freeze.

-Mike