Old 07-31-2010, 02:47 AM
Mike McGrath

Default Two puppet shortcuts

I've created two puppet shortcuts. If you have just some script to
deploy. You can stick it in modules/scripts/files. Then just use:

scripts::generic { 'script_name.sh': }

and it will automatically put it in /usr/local/bin/script_name.sh on the
server you include that on.

The next shortcut is a script / cron combo. Lets say you have a
"myscript.cron" and a "myscript.sh" You can put both files in
modules/scripts/files then use:

scripts::script_and_cron { 'myscript': }

and it will deploy the script to /usr/local/bin/myscript.sh and the cron
file to /etc/cron.d/myscript.cron

I did this because both of these use cases exist all over the place and we
seem to be writing a full class for each, then including it.

-Mike

Old 07-31-2010, 04:56 PM
Jesse Keating