Old 07-28-2010, 04:26 PM
touruni touruni

Default FIG Sponsor request

It said to keep bugging until I get a sponsor. So here I am again. - touruni

All,
*
Per initiation procedure outlined here:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/GettingSponsored
*
Will someone be kind enough to sponsor this semi-young lad who has:
*
- 10 Years of experience in IT
- 1 Year of Python programming
- 3 Year of RHEL Administration
- RT/Nagios/The Grinder/Xen/Kickstart/Plone/Django
*
I am interested the items listed below*:
*
Python
Script writers and automators
Virtualization
Building and build environments
*
Ideally i would like to work on all things that utilizes python. I am looking to develope my python programming skills. Whether it be a program that needs to written or a script or updating something
that is python.

I am applying from Sacramento, California / PST. I am interested in working on the team because I have a passion to learn. I want to sharpen my skills and collaborating with others who have the same
passion.
*
Best,
Sophon Im

*

*

Old 07-28-2010, 06:19 PM
Mike McGrath

On Wed, 28 Jul 2010, touruni touruni wrote:

> It said to keep bugging until I get a sponsor. So here I am again. - touruni
>

> All,
> *
> Per initiation procedure outlined here:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/GettingSponsored
> *
> Will someone be kind enough to sponsor this semi-young lad who has:
> *
> - 10 Years of experience in IT
> - 1 Year of Python programming
> - 3 Year of RHEL Administration
> - RT/Nagios/The Grinder/Xen/Kickstart/Plone/Django
> *
> I am interested the items listed below*:
> *
> Python
> Script writers and automators
> Virtualization
> Building and build environments
> *
> Ideally i would like to work on all things that utilizes python. I am looking to develope my python programming skills. Whether it be a program that needs to written or a
> script or updating something
> that is python.
>
> I am applying from Sacramento, California / PST. I am interested in working on the team because I have a passion to learn. I want to sharpen my skills and collaborating with
> others who have the same
> passion.
> *

We use a lot of turbogears (which would be functionally similar to Django)
could you go into your django experiences a bit? Have you looked at
TurboGears at all?

infrastructure mailing list
infrastructure@lists.fedoraproject.org

Old 07-28-2010, 06:55 PM
touruni touruni

Mike,

All my experience with Django and Plone have been personal use. I am not an expert by any means. Unfortunately I have not used TurboGears, though I can certainly learn. It's hard for me to gauge what level of skill you guys are looking for, maybe a test run to see if I can perform the task or not? Otherwise I'm also open to other items that utilizes python aside from web, if fit in. What I seek is an opportunity to further my python skills.

touruni