Infrastructure Updates for 2010-07
= Reasons for Updates =
In the previous month there have been multiple updates for security
and functionality. The major ones affecting all systems have been
updates to xen and kernel-xen. These will require a reboot of all
= How will this be accomplished =
* 2010-07-13 update of publictest and staging servers.
* 2010-07-14 testing of applications/problems
* 2010-07-15 update of production servers and reboot of all servers.
As always production development systems will be dealt with by Dennis
Gilmore to make sure that problems do not impact builds.
= Steps to remember =
* Announce what servers are being updated at what time.
* Make sure noc01 and noc02 have temporarily stopped monitoring things.
* Update servers or report problems to #fedora-noc
* NEVER use --force or --nodeps to install an update. If its not
working find and diagnose why its not working.
* Give at least 30 seconds notice on #fedora-noc before rebooting a
system(s). This allows for people to say "STOP" or other words.
* Certain servers need to be booted in certain orders. (Make sure
that both bastion hosts are not being rebooted at the same time).
* When systems are up and tested good, make sure noc01/noc02 are
aware of the systems again.
= Known Updates for 2010-07 =
== Security Updates ==
= BugFix Updates =
= EPEL packages =
Stephen J Smoogen.
“The core skill of innovators is error recovery, not failure avoidance.”
Randy Nelson, President of Pixar University.
"We have a strategic plan. It's called doing things.""
— Herb Kelleher, founder Southwest Airlines
infrastructure mailing list
|All times are GMT. The time now is 01:40 PM.|
VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.