Old 07-08-2010, 10:33 AM
Kamil Paral

Default Staging machine for 'Fedora Hall of Fame'

Hello,

I have created a ticket as a request for hardware:

I tried to follow the guidelines as much as possible:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Request_For_Resources

Please tell me if some information is missing or if I should
do something more in order to have my request accepted.

Thanks,
Kamil Paral

Old 07-08-2010, 02:00 PM
Mike McGrath

On Thu, 8 Jul 2010, Kamil Paral wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have created a ticket as a request for hardware:
> https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/2262
>
> I tried to follow the guidelines as much as possible:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Request_For_Resources
>
> Please tell me if some information is missing or if I should
> do something more in order to have my request accepted.

The description says: "Basically we're looking for a (virtual) machine
where we could deploy the results of our work" but doesn't go into detail
about what that is. These are just flat files with statistics in them
that get updated by some external script?

-Mike

Old 07-09-2010, 07:11 AM
Kamil Paral

----- "Mike McGrath" <mmcgrath@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 8 Jul 2010, Kamil Paral wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have created a ticket as a request for hardware:
> > https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/2262
> >
> > I tried to follow the guidelines as much as possible:
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Request_For_Resources
> >
> > Please tell me if some information is missing or if I should
> > do something more in order to have my request accepted.
> >

> The description says: "Basically we're looking for a (virtual)
> machine
> where we could deploy the results of our work" but doesn't go into
> detail
> about what that is. These are just flat files with statistics in
> them
> that get updated by some external script?

The idea was to setup a clone of https://admin.fedoraproject.org/community/
and add some new plugins to it. So I guess it won't be just flat
files, but python scripts and some relational database (we don't have
it fully examined yet). I had the idea that if we received a virtual
machine we would be able to install quite arbitrary software. Isn't that
the case? Clarifications welcome.

Anyway, please see https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/2262#comment:1.
Luke Macken has offered us some help with using their staging servers.
I'll update (and possibly close) that ticket if that works out. Otherwise
I'll get in touch again.

Old 07-09-2010, 01:36 PM
Mike McGrath

On Fri, 9 Jul 2010, Kamil Paral wrote:

> ----- "Mike McGrath" <mmcgrath@redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 8 Jul 2010, Kamil Paral wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I have created a ticket as a request for hardware:
> > > https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/2262
> > >
> > > I tried to follow the guidelines as much as possible:
> > > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Request_For_Resources
> > >
> > > Please tell me if some information is missing or if I should
> > > do something more in order to have my request accepted.
> > >

> > The description says: "Basically we're looking for a (virtual)
> > machine
> > where we could deploy the results of our work" but doesn't go into
> > detail
> > about what that is. These are just flat files with statistics in
> > them
> > that get updated by some external script?
>
> The idea was to setup a clone of https://admin.fedoraproject.org/community/
> and add some new plugins to it. So I guess it won't be just flat
> files, but python scripts and some relational database (we don't have
> it fully examined yet). I had the idea that if we received a virtual
> machine we would be able to install quite arbitrary software. Isn't that
> the case? Clarifications welcome.
>
> Anyway, please see https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/2262#comment:1.
> Luke Macken has offered us some help with using their staging servers.
> I'll update (and possibly close) that ticket if that works out. Otherwise
> I'll get in touch again.

I think there might be a little confusion here. It sounds like you're
working to do integration / development. Stuff like that would get done
on a publictest server which we can hand over. Staging is more for after
everything is done and written.

Luke, if you are going to sponsor this let me know if you need a pt server
for it, I'll get one built up unless you wanted to do it.

-Mike

Old 07-20-2010, 10:32 AM
Kamil Paral

----- "Mike McGrath" <mmcgrath@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 9 Jul 2010, Kamil Paral wrote:
>
> > ----- "Mike McGrath" <mmcgrath@redhat.com> wrote:

> > > The description says: "Basically we're looking for a (virtual)
> > > machine
> > > where we could deploy the results of our work" but doesn't go
> into
> > > detail
> > > about what that is. These are just flat files with statistics in
> > > them
> > > that get updated by some external script?
> >
> > The idea was to setup a clone of
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/community/
> > and add some new plugins to it. So I guess it won't be just flat
> > files, but python scripts and some relational database (we don't
> have
> > it fully examined yet). I had the idea that if we received a
> virtual
> > machine we would be able to install quite arbitrary software. Isn't
> that
> > the case? Clarifications welcome.
> >
> > Anyway, please see
> https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/2262#comment:1.
> > Luke Macken has offered us some help with using their staging
> servers.
> > I'll update (and possibly close) that ticket if that works out.
> Otherwise
> > I'll get in touch again.
>
> I think there might be a little confusion here. It sounds like
> you're
> working to do integration / development. Stuff like that would get
> done
> on a publictest server which we can hand over. Staging is more for
> after
> everything is done and written.
>
> Luke, if you are going to sponsor this let me know if you need a pt
> server
> for it, I'll get one built up unless you wanted to do it.
>
> -Mike

Luke has setup publictest2.fedoraproject.org for us. Thanks you for
your time, it is solved now.

Old 07-20-2010, 01:28 PM
Luke Macken

On 07/20/2010 06:32 AM, Kamil Paral wrote:
> ----- "Mike McGrath"<mmcgrath@redhat.com> wrote:

>> into
>>>
>>> The idea was to setup a clone of
>> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/community/
>>> and add some new plugins to it. So I guess it won't be just flat
>>> files, but python scripts and some relational database (we don't
>> have
>>> it fully examined yet). I had the idea that if we received a
>> virtual
>>> machine we would be able to install quite arbitrary software. Isn't
>> that
>>> the case? Clarifications welcome.
>>>
>>> Anyway, please see
>> https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/2262#comment:1.
>>> Luke Macken has offered us some help with using their staging
>> servers.
>>> I'll update (and possibly close) that ticket if that works out.
>> Otherwise
>>> I'll get in touch again.
>>
>> I think there might be a little confusion here. It sounds like
>> you're
>> working to do integration / development. Stuff like that would get
>> done
>> on a publictest server which we can hand over. Staging is more for
>> after
>> everything is done and written.
>>
>> Luke, if you are going to sponsor this let me know if you need a pt
>> server
>> for it, I'll get one built up unless you wanted to do it.
>>
>> -Mike
>
> Luke has setup publictest2.fedoraproject.org for us. Thanks you for
> your time, it is solved now.

Since fedoracommunity is AGPL licensed, we have to adhere to some
guidelines when developing/deploying to publictest machines:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure_Licensing#publictest

luke