Old 01-14-2008, 09:40 PM
Christian Berendt

Default experience/skills

Hey!

I would like to join the infrastructure project. I am a 22 years old
guy from Germany and have studied computer science for three years at
the RWTH Aachen. From October 2008 I will start an education as system
integrator.

I have experience with system administration on linux since three
years. With Fedora Core I am working since a few months.

My skills are:

-programming, good (C/C++, Java, Ruby, Perl,Python, Shell-Scripting)
-networking, good (TCP/IP, IDS, Firewall, SELinux, VPN)
-linux, good (FedoraCore, Ubuntu, Gentoo, ArchLinux)

Bye, Christian.

Old 01-19-2008, 09:45 AM
Till Maas

Hello Christian,

On Mon January 14 2008, Christian Berendt wrote:

> I would like to join the infrastructure project. I am a 22 years old

the best thing to do is to stay in the irc channel #fedora-admin on the
FreeNode network.

> I have experience with system administration on linux since three
> years. With Fedora Core I am working since a few months.

The separation between Fedora Core and Fedora Extras is no more btw.

> My skills are:
>
> -programming, good (C/C++, Java, Ruby, Perl,Python, Shell-Scripting)

If you want to programm, there are a lot of projects at
https://fedorahosted.org/
where you often can help, e.g. with these main applications that are used to
create Fedora:

https://fedorahosted.org/koji
https://fedorahosted.org/bodhi
https://fedorahosted.org/packagedb
https://fedorahosted.org/mock

You can browse there for open tickets. If you have a Fedora Account, you can
also attach patches there. You can apply for a new account here:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/

Regards,
Till