Old 02-16-2010, 05:03 PM
Luke Macken

Default Change Request - Fedora Community update

Hey guys,

I'd like to upgrade Fedora Community to the version that has been in
staging for the past couple of weeks. The only changes are the
addition of a new 'Statistics' section, containing wiki stats from Ian
Weller, Torrent stats from Seth Vidal, and User & Mirror stats from Matt
Domsch.

https://admin.stg.fedoraproject.org/community/#statistics

luke

Old 02-16-2010, 05:05 PM

Can it wait a few weeks? While it'd be nice to have those in there, it's not critical IMHO.

--
Matt Domsch
Technology Strategist, Dell Office of the CTO

Old 02-16-2010, 05:31 PM
Luke Macken

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 12:05:12PM -0600, Matt_Domsch@Dell.com wrote:
> Can it wait a few weeks? While it'd be nice to have those in there, it's not critical IMHO.

Yes, it can wait. I just figured since it's a trivial upgrade, it'd be
nice to get it out before I head to PyCon tomorrow. I'm fine with
waiting though.

luke

Old 02-16-2010, 08:14 PM
Seth Vidal

On Tue, 16 Feb 2010, Matt_Domsch@Dell.com wrote:

> Can it wait a few weeks? While it'd be nice to have those in there, it's not critical IMHO.

I think I agree with Matt, here. Waiting seems more worthwhile - and if
anything goes wrong with it it'll be one less thing to have to fix.

-sv

Old 02-25-2010, 06:49 PM
Luke Macken

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 01:03:28PM -0500, Luke Macken wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I'd like to upgrade Fedora Community to the version that has been in
> staging for the past couple of weeks. The only changes are the
> addition of a new 'Statistics' section, containing wiki stats from Ian
> Weller, Torrent stats from Seth Vidal, and User & Mirror stats from Matt
> Domsch.

Ok, so I overlooked a bugfix in the version that is currently in staging
that would have prevented the explosion that occurred the other day when
fedorapeople.org went down (just a simple `socket.setdefaulttimeout(10)`
call).

According to our Environments.odg, only bodhi & the pkgdb are frozen on
the app servers, so I'll go ahead and push out the staging version next
week.

luke

Old 02-25-2010, 09:22 PM
Mike McGrath

On Thu, 25 Feb 2010, Luke Macken wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 01:03:28PM -0500, Luke Macken wrote:
> > Hey guys,
> >
> > I'd like to upgrade Fedora Community to the version that has been in
> > staging for the past couple of weeks. The only changes are the
> > addition of a new 'Statistics' section, containing wiki stats from Ian
> > Weller, Torrent stats from Seth Vidal, and User & Mirror stats from Matt
> > Domsch.
>
> Ok, so I overlooked a bugfix in the version that is currently in staging
> that would have prevented the explosion that occurred the other day when
> fedorapeople.org went down (just a simple `socket.setdefaulttimeout(10)`
> call).
>
> According to our Environments.odg, only bodhi & the pkgdb are frozen on
> the app servers, so I'll go ahead and push out the staging version next
> week.

<nod> I thought this had been fixed already but wasn't sure if it had
been pushed or not. Thanks for the follow up.

-Mike