Old 01-09-2008, 06:50 AM
"Paulo Santos"

Default Asterisk/FUDCon

Is Asterisk gonna be used to broadcast FUDCon itself ?
That would be great for people on the other side of the world, that didn't had the chance to meet you guys

Paulo

On Jan 8, 2008 9:27 PM, Jeffrey Ollie <
jeff@ocjtech.us> wrote:
On 1/8/08, Jared Smith <
jaredsmith@jaredsmith.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-01-08 at 11:55 -0600, Jeffrey Ollie wrote:
> > This can go away as I've got a permanent system (asterisk1) 99% ready.

> Cool beans, Jeff! *Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

I think that the big thing now is testing... *FUDCon is starting in a
few days so I don't want to make many major changes to the config but

we need to make sure that it's going to be suitable for usage during
FUDCon.

Jeff

Old 01-09-2008, 11:43 AM
"Jeffrey Ollie"

On 1/9/08, Paulo Santos <paulo.banon@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Is Asterisk gonna be used to broadcast FUDCon itself ?
> That would be great for people on the other side of the world, that didn't
> had the chance to meet you guys

I think that Asterisk is intended more for live interaction during the
hackfests more than broadcasting the various talks. I think that
using flumotion would work better for something like that but I don't
think that anyone has planned for any live broadcasts like that. I do
believe that a number of people are bringing video recorders and will
be posting videos of the various talks after the conference is over.

Jeff

Old 01-09-2008, 01:37 PM
Mike McGrath

On Wed, 9 Jan 2008, Jeffrey Ollie wrote:

> On 1/9/08, Paulo Santos <paulo.banon@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > Is Asterisk gonna be used to broadcast FUDCon itself ?
> > That would be great for people on the other side of the world, that didn't
> > had the chance to meet you guys
>
> I think that Asterisk is intended more for live interaction during the
> hackfests more than broadcasting the various talks. I think that
> using flumotion would work better for something like that but I don't
> think that anyone has planned for any live broadcasts like that. I do
> believe that a number of people are bringing video recorders and will
> be posting videos of the various talks after the conference is over.

I wouldn't mind trying it though, under the mention that "it might not
work" We could use it to test some throughput at the new site too.

-Mike