Old 02-14-2010, 04:47 PM
Paul Frields

Default Cancel account request - account name "wsl"

Actually, as required by the Fedora Project's privacy policy[1], we
can remove accounts in the Fedora Account System. We probably need a
SOP on the wiki for this, since I couldn't find information on how
exactly this is done and whom should be contacted in the FAS page[2].
I'm cc'ing the infrastructure list to see if I missed this somewhere.

* * *
[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal/PrivacyPolicy#How_to_Access.2C_Modify_or_Update_Yo ur_Information
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/AccountSystem#Account_Termination

Paul

Old 02-15-2010, 02:37 PM
Mike McGrath

On Sun, 14 Feb 2010, Paul Frields wrote:

> Actually, as required by the Fedora Project's privacy policy[1], we
> can remove accounts in the Fedora Account System. We probably need a
> SOP on the wiki for this, since I couldn't find information on how
> exactly this is done and whom should be contacted in the FAS page[2].
> I'm cc'ing the infrastructure list to see if I missed this somewhere.
>
> * * *
> [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal/PrivacyPolicy#How_to_Access.2C_Modify_or_Update_Yo ur_Information
> [2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/AccountSystem#Account_Termination

We've never deleted an account before and shouldn't do it for various
security reasons. I don't see anything in the privacy policy that
conflicts with that. In particular the two pieces that, once created must
never change, are the username and UID. Neither of which are considered
personal by the privacy policy.

What users can do is remove all other info in their account and set it to
inactive.

-Mike

Old 02-15-2010, 02:41 PM
Seth Vidal

On Mon, 15 Feb 2010, Mike McGrath wrote:

> On Sun, 14 Feb 2010, Paul Frields wrote:
>
>> Actually, as required by the Fedora Project's privacy policy[1], we
>> can remove accounts in the Fedora Account System. We probably need a
>> SOP on the wiki for this, since I couldn't find information on how
>> exactly this is done and whom should be contacted in the FAS page[2].
>> I'm cc'ing the infrastructure list to see if I missed this somewhere.
>>
>> * * *
>> [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal/PrivacyPolicy#How_to_Access.2C_Modify_or_Update_Yo ur_Information
>> [2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/AccountSystem#Account_Termination
>>

> We've never deleted an account before and shouldn't do it for various
> security reasons. I don't see anything in the privacy policy that
> conflicts with that. In particular the two pieces that, once created must
> never change, are the username and UID. Neither of which are considered
> personal by the privacy policy.
>
> What users can do is remove all other info in their account and set it to
> inactive.

Something to consider as a FAS feature is to have
reserved/protected/expired userids - so we can terminate users but make
sure their uid/username is never reused.

-sv

Mon Feb 15 17:30:02 2010