Old 02-12-2010, 05:36 PM
inode0

Default FYI, toshio and lmacken going to pycon

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 11:41 AM, Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys, lmacken, dmalcolm, and I will be away at Pycon from the 17th thru
> the 25th. *The first half of that will be conference days with meetings,
> presentations, etc. *The second half will be a hackfest. *Depending on the
> reliability of internet there (never a given when you get over a thousand
> people hitting the wireless network at once ;-) we'll be somewhat available
> during the second half. *The first part less so.
>
> If you have any questions for python, turbogears, distribute(setuptools++)
> people that you think I might get answered, let us know.

Would any of you be willing to distribute some Fedora swag while
there? We would be more than happy to make arrangements to get some to
you but we'll need to act fast.

John

Old 02-12-2010, 06:00 PM
Kevin Fenzi

On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 12:41:57 -0500
Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi guys, lmacken, dmalcolm, and I will be away at Pycon from the 17th
> thru the 25th. The first half of that will be conference days with
> meetings, presentations, etc. The second half will be a hackfest.
> Depending on the reliability of internet there (never a given when
> you get over a thousand people hitting the wireless network at
> once ;-) we'll be somewhat available during the second half. The
> first part less so.

My Co-worker Sean is running the wireless setup there again, so
hopefully all will go well and the net will hold up fine. There's
new AP hardware this year and in general more infrastructure.

Say hi to him for me.

kevin

Old 02-12-2010, 06:23 PM
Toshio Kuratomi

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 12:00:09PM -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 12:41:57 -0500
> Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi guys, lmacken, dmalcolm, and I will be away at Pycon from the 17th
> > thru the 25th. The first half of that will be conference days with
> > meetings, presentations, etc. The second half will be a hackfest.
> > Depending on the reliability of internet there (never a given when
> > you get over a thousand people hitting the wireless network at
> > once ;-) we'll be somewhat available during the second half. The
> > first part less so.
>
> My Co-worker Sean is running the wireless setup there again, so
> hopefully all will go well and the net will hold up fine. There's
> new AP hardware this year and in general more infrastructure.
>
> Say hi to him for me.

I sure will! I've noticed that when Sean sets up the wireless
infrastructure all goes well and when someone else does it, no one seems to
be able to connect ;-)

-Toshio